I'm going to have a breakdown!! Mysterious outlook problem...

All of a sudden today NONE of my emails accounts in outlook work anymore. I tested various email accounts in outlook belonging to various domains on various servers but none work (outlook simply will NOT connect to *any* email account whatsoever)... so this is an issue with outlook itself.

Here's the error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.jpwear.com', Server: 'mail.jpwear.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am 110% using the correct settings but it won't connect! Is it possible that outlook needs to be re-installed or that my PC has a virus... has this ever happended to anyone here? It's driving me nuts!

Are you using any type of spam software? I've experience this with SpamInspector.

Delete the account and add it again or reinstall outlook
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

maybe your internet connection is partially failing.......it has happened to me many times.....

Most common reason for this happening is suddenly for some strange reason a firewall decides to block OE or other things.

Actually it may be a corruption of you .pst files. Try deleting the accounts and recreating them. It will most likely work.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Deleting and re-adding the email accounts definitely does not work, tried it. My internet connection isn't the problem either.

I do have a router hooked up as an external firewall but that's not what's causing this because outlook has been perfectly fine... just today it suddenly stopped working

I un-installed norton anti-virus last week because I hated it so. I was going to buy another program instead so in the meantime I have no anti-virus program installed. Maybe my PC picked up some virus... scanning PC now. Then I'll un-install outlook completey and re-install it... I have feeling it's not going to fix it

No matter what email account I use or what domain it's for or what server the domain is hosted on... damn outlook refuses to connect!

try another email program.....

Ok, get ready to laugh... I fixed it... BUT I've always used the below settings in outlook:

incoming pop: mail.mydomain.com
    outgoing smtp: mail.mydomain.com

But instead I just tried the below setting instead and it's working perfectly!

incoming pop: mail.mydomain.com
    outgoing smtp: mail.bellsouth.net

I know I'm really stupid for not trying the above before. But the reason I didn't think of changing my outgoing smtp to my ISP's instead is because I've *never* used my ISP's outgoing smtp before and it always worked perfectly until today... so why did it all of a sudden stop working? How come all of a sudden I'm forced to use my ISP's outgoing smtp instead of mine like I always have? Literally overnight it happended.

I'm so happy outlook works again I'm about to pee my pants!

Most likely your ISP decided to start blocking port 25. A fair number of them have been doing that lately. Unfortunately they almost never give you any warning or tell you that they've done it. I'm glad you managed to get email working again.
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

I see thanks... yeah it literally happened overnight and I use outlook everyday. So I guess this means I must always use my ISP's outgoing smtp and cannot use mine.

There's one problem solved... now I can go to bed! :)

ISP decided to block out going to prevent spam... I had that problem before when I was on dial up... glad that my cable provider doesn't do that....