find all the domains owned by same person

Hello,
    I need to find all the domains owned by the same person. Is there a place to look up this information?
    thank you

not really, but try http://openaccess.dialog.com/ip/ has old database though.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

THANK YOU for the fast reply!!! I'm not sure if this includes every single one registered, but certainly helps a lot. If anyone else knows of others please let me know too!!!

Originally posted by Bashar
    not really, but try http://openaccess.dialog.com/ip/ has old database though.
    Heh, not very accurate, but I'm sure it will help some. It only listed about 20% of what I own.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

not every single domain, its way outdated, back to 2001 i think or so.

try www.whois.sc/domain.com might show you all domains hosted on particular IP but not by owner.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Hmm. I wonder if that is something that could turn out to be a business idea. Having a site that somehow lists up to date listing of all domains owned by owner name. I wonder if a script can do that?

Damn, did I just say that idea out loud?

Vito's big mouth

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Dropscript has a program called Name Server Detective. I haven't tried it yet. But it looks like it may do the trick.
    http://www.dropscripts.com/name_server_detective.html

Originally posted by vito
    Hmm. I wonder if that is something that could turn out to be a business idea. Having a site that somehow lists up to date listing of all domains owned by owner name. I wonder if a script can do that?

Damn, did I just say that idea out loud?

Vito's big mouth

Vito
    It is possible but you would have to have a massive amount of resources for the millions of domains.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

very interesting idea, please let us all know if you come up with a way to do it.

Heh, I've been discussing the idea with a few "WHT domain gurus" for the past few hours. It seems to be an unworkable project. It would take waaaaaay too many resources to be effective.

Oh well. It was worth a try.

Vito

Originally posted by Thane
    It is possible but you would have to have a massive amount of resources for the millions of domains.
    Google did it with web sites and pages
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

I remember a couple years ago InterNIC's whois had an option to do this. It doesn't anymore.

Edit: I think they can't do this anymore because of distributed whois databases with the registrars. It was probably only available when there was only one registrar (NetSol)
    Last edited by Sizzly; 03-15-2004 at 08:51 PM.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

wouldnt work however you coded it as not every registrar makes the data available.

with enough trawling you *might* make something that can handle the cnobi's keeping it up-to-date woudl be a nightmare

and what would be the biggest use of such technology .. i can see it now, you've spoofed a guys email address and now you can steal all the domain he owns .... wonderful !
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Originally posted by Odd Fact
    Dropscript has a program called Name Server Detective. I haven't tried it yet. But it looks like it may do the trick.
    http://www.dropscripts.com/name_server_detective.html
    this is exactly what webhosting.info do to collect info about certain company.

but this wont really know if you have domains hosted on other nameservers, or other people are hosting their domains on your nameservers.

could work under certain critiria like list all *.ultsearch.com or *.buydomains.com or *.fma.com since they are the big players who use their nameservers for their use only

i've submitted my application to verisign 6 months ago still no answer heh.

If anyone could do it, I reckon it would be whois.sc - they have 'gold' membership coming out soon, so who knows

I don't think you can.