PHP trouble on IIS 6

I have a problem that keeps occuring. I am running Windows Server 2003 on this computer. I downloaded the latest PHP which is 4. I install it, but it still ends up not letting me have PHP pages. In my directory properties I have index.php on documents. It displays html pages fine. So I still go to my website and then add index.php on the end, still doesn't work, all it says is Cannot be found. I dunno what else to do. I have installed and uninstalled PHP many times, I have tried everything I could. Tell me what I could do to make my IIS show up PHP scripts/pages. Currently it just won't display any extensions with PHP at the end. Thanks. My website is below.

I had the same problem and decided to install Apache

That's what I am afraid of. I don't like Apache too much, but I have one person with PHP on IIS. You might tell me to ask him but he's too busy.

Here are a couple of things to look at:
    - Did you enable PHP as a Web Service Extension in IIS Manager?
    - Did you add PHP as an ISAPI filter (if this is how you are configuring it)?
    - Did you add the script map for the .php extension to point to php.exe (if you are configuring PHP as a CGI)?

IIS 6 can take a bit of getting used to (if you're used to IIS 5), but it does have some very nice improvements. I hope this helps.
    Chris Spangler
    chris@thespanglers.net

Originally posted by banner
    Here are a couple of things to look at:
    - Did you enable PHP as a Web Service Extension in IIS Manager?
    - Did you add PHP as an ISAPI filter (if this is how you are configuring it)?
    - Did you add the script map for the .php extension to point to php.exe (if you are configuring PHP as a CGI)?

IIS 6 can take a bit of getting used to (if you're used to IIS 5), but it does have some very nice improvements. I hope this helps.
    Can you explain how to do that?

I user the installer and I get paghe not found on all php scripts. And I restarted server.

open iis, you will see the web service extension just like http://www.developer.com/img/article...IS/IIS6P15.gif

if you don't see php, then you have to create a new extension and point it to php.exe or ISAPI (in your php folder)

Read my post in this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=php+2003

This will give you instructions on how to install PHP on Windows 2003 and IIS6. Before you do this make sure you *totally* uninstall PHP.
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

I didn't do the zip version because he didn't say IIS. Boy I am stupid.

Hi,

Please follow the steps in the given URL for Installing PHP 4.x under Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.0:

http://s92192454.onlinehome.us/PHP_o...under_IIS.html

Hope this diagramatically good tutorial helps you to install with ease.

Regards,

Bright

I had the same problem but only if I linked the extention to the dll file. When linked the iis extention to the php.exe file it worked fine. You may want to try that.

JaY

Also make sure you allow correct read permissions for the c:\php folder (if that's what it is). This had me stumped for a while.

You will get much better performance using the ISAPI version of PHP (.dll) than the CGI version (.exe). Persevere and follow the instructions. And *do* totally uninstall everything php-related you did before prior to doing a correct install.
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Thanks Chris - this was exactly what I needed as well!