I think there's a slight bug in the latest RELEASE version of cPanel 9. A client of mine wanted to check stats with Webalizer or Analog Stats, and got this message:
Insecure dependency in chdir while running with -T switch at cpsrvd.pl line 782, line 131.
Now I checked the log for /scripts/upcp and I see that cPanel was updated yesterday night to the latest RELEASE version. Upon "downgrading" to the STABLE tree, and reupdating, everything was back to normal.
As I said in my ^ post, this problem only appeared when cPanel upgraded itself to the latest RELEASE version, which is a few hours ago. Before that everything was fine, and now that I put back the STABLE version everything is fine as well.
Just thought it was weird that cPanel was causing this problem...