Thread: server problem

server problem

Hello.

I currently have a very annoying problem with one of my servers.

Without warning it will suddenly stop allowing people to connect to it. People can't SSH in. Login via FTP or connect to any other services i run.

People who are already logged in via SSH won't drop, it will just timeout on new connections.

It also won't respond to ping when it does this.

Usually a ./network restart fixes the problem.

Has anyone any idea what could cause this problem or does anyone have any fix for it?

Could you possibily provide more information regarding the network and server? Maybe include the IP address and/or hostname?

Rameen

Have you contacted your upstream?
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

Greetings,

Server could've been overloaded and crashed for some reasons. You may want to contact your datacenter and request a manuel reboot.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Originally posted by Amir
    Greetings,

Server could've been overloaded and crashed for some reasons. You may want to contact your datacenter and request a manuel reboot.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    I'm on the server right now. Load is very minimal. Restarting the network fixes the problem for a short period of time.

My provider seems to think it is related to the firewall. Just looking for some other ideas.

Thanks to Zarin for alerting me to the cause and thanks to thelinuxguy at rack911.com for fixing the problem for me.

ip_conntrack_max was set too low :-)