what does it mean?

MySQL Databases 1 or 2...etc..

What is it? I usually see it on the sites of any hosting company. If I set up a forum like phpbb on my site, how many MySQL Databases I need ?

Please help,

Thanks a lot

Most good hosting comes with at least 1 MySQL database. You can use this for multiple applications.

phpBB will create tables within your DB with a 'phpbb_' prefix from what I remember, this way it won't overwrite any existing tables or info already in there.

If you have access to multiple DB's you could create one specifically for phpBB also....

Sorry, it is a dump question,

So if I wite my website by PhP language, does it affect my forum ? Are they related ?
    Some hosting companies offer MySQL databases : 2 or more . Is it good or not? it is for what ?

You are able to use PHP without any database like mySQL.

If you have more than 1 database you are able to make one database for your forum and one database for your foto script and so on (just an example).

Proud She-Geek
    Multiple Databases are good if you prefer to keep your applications (forums, shopping cart, etc) separate; I wouldn't say it's absolutely neccesary, though.

Just make sure if you install more than one application to the same database that you assign them each a prefix (phpbb_, store_, etc).
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>