* Mysql Problem Syntax

I have root access to a linux box with red hat, php and mysql. now i'm trying to install a picture program that i purchased called i-rater. Now i've done everything properly concerning the instructions and with the php but when it's time to install the databases from install.sql that's where there's a problem.

It tells me to install the install.sql by doing the following:

4. Install MySQL tables from admin/sql/install.sql.

mysql platinum < admin/sql/install.sql
    (where platinum is your data base name )

mysql> source admin/sql/install.sql

I did the first syntax in which I got the error:

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: [email protected]' (Using password: NO)

Then I tried the other one in which I have to connect to mysql.. This is what I recieved: ERROR 1046: No Database Selected

So how do i select the datase in the second code? Or how do I do it with the first one? Please help! Thanks

mysql -p platinum < admin/sql/install.sql

This will prompt you for the mysql root password

South East U.K.
    mysql -u user -p platinum
    mysql < admin/sql/install.sql

These are the 2 pages I figured this out from, you might want to double check

Ok i did the following:
    mysql -uroot -p123qweasd platinum < admin/sql/install.sql

and I dont knw if it worked or not but it just jumped back tot he normal root# thingy. Is there anyway where I can check if it worked or not? Also when I try and view the main page or the control panel it gives me the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 8You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ' at line 10

the slightest help is appreciated! Thank YOU!

^^ It's likely installed, also thanks for perhaps giving us your root password (I know it doesn't look real but i've seen stupider passwords )

Your best bet is to go back to the author / helpdesk etc...

The SQL script has obviously run as it's not produced an error, it would have been helpful if the SQL script had produced a confirmation message though.

The messages you posted suggest a possible problem in the embedded SQL in the PHP code, so you'd really need someone who knows the system to offer advise

Hi SteRal,

1.[ For first error] you have given password in mysql which includes special character.
    Solution: reset the passwd which does not have special character. to reset passwd:command

first stop mysql.

mysql -u root mysql UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('new_password') WHERE user='root';

2.To select a database use:

mysql> use databasename