I am getting a new server soon and colocate it.

Now the hard part comes to getting the correct panel.

Currently i am on a dedicated server using cpanel and yes I am very satisfied with cpanel however the licensing price puts me off so no way I am using cpanel on the new server.

I have in mind getting plesk 7. However I am rather disappointed by the before sale support which I need to clarify a few things before using plesk 7. I have question such as, can i use freeBSD 5.2 (my server is using SATA hdd) on plesk 7? The answer is obvious... as their website says they only support version 4.9... ok, that will be one problem for me... by the way anyone successfully install plesk 7 on freeBSD 5.2??

another panel i am trying to compare is hsphere, I have zero experience to hsphere as compared to plesk (previously I used plesk 5 for a while before moving on to cpanel).

So which one should I go for? Plesk 7? or Hsphere?

Use something you are familiar with because in the future, if you are running webhosting services, you will find it difficult if client ask you about H-Sphere questions

Originally posted by WCHost
    Use something you are familiar with because in the future, if you are running webhosting services, you will find it difficult if client ask you about H-Sphere questions
    well i also had to take into account the pricing factor you see... and till now it has been a week sw-soft haven got back to me yet!

i can't imagine the after-sale support is like ....

Are you going to use it personally or intend to do webhosting business ?

Originally posted by sghost
    Are you going to use it personally or intend to do webhosting business ?
    you can say personally/webhosting biz as I am a one man operation who is doing this out of interest