Website won't display

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this but i'll give it a whirl.

I have a domain and everyone can view it but myself. I can not access my site (it doesn't even try loading the page just instantly goes to page cannot be displayed) ftp, or email. Others have no problem viewing it at all. I don't know if there is something wrong with my computer, host, or internet provider. I've emailed my web host and they told me to email my internet provider and guess what they told me to do - email my web host. No one seems to want to help me or give me any answers. I am so frustrated all i want to do is get my email and just maybe update my site, go figure. I did a traceroute and got this: unable to rosolve target system name purrfexion dot com. I'm really don't understand the whole tracertoute thing someone just suggested doing it. I'm guessing that wasn't what i was supposed to get. I hope this makes sence to someone because i am absolutely clueless in this area. So if anyone could offer me some help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

april
    purrfexion dot com

Hi April,

I see you are hosted with mesopia.

No offense to them or anything as such but its really strange the amount of users reporting DNS problems with them recently.

I can see your website just fine, I suggest you leave it for roughly another 6 hours... then try again

Other Posts to look at:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=243952

I haven't been able to view it for weeks. For awhile it would be that i'd have to refresh it numerous times but now it will not respond at all. Why is it that you can view it but i can not, ever?

Your issue is related to your own pc/isp. It sounds like a DNS lookup issue.

Your site loads fine for me.
    Maybe a corrupt/messed hosts file? Or just issues with your ISP DNS server.
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

Thanks for your quick respoces guys, not even the people i pay for service are this quick.

How do i go about figureing out if it is a corrupt/messed hosts file or an isp dns error?

Try another DNS server. ie in your network connections set the dns server rather than assigned automatically by ISP.
    203.0.178.191 is a DNS server here is AUS fell free to use. If a tracert then works, blame your ISP.
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

I did peak at your dns records, and settings, and there's nothing to suggest the irregularity except that the TTL at the parent nameservers defer from those on the servers.

If you are the only one facing it, it is almost certainly a problem with your end since everyone else can view it. (I can).

Also provide your home IP to your host. We had an incident before when only a certain guy seem to be having problem accessing the sites. We check our servers and it came up clean. However checking with the data center we used showed that that IP range is blocked by them due to a DDOS a week ago from that range. Ask them to check on their end as well and you should be able to see if that works for you.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Who is your ISP? Are you on a static or dynamic IP setup? Do they tell you to set your computer to certain nameservers or is it automatic?

First, try resetting your HOSTS file and clearing any kind of Internet cache.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

Try checking your firewall too if you have one installed. A very simple way to block yourself out can be by ftp'ing into your account and have that cause your firewall to block access. If your domain or IP address is listed in there, remove them and all should be fine.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.