Thread: iTunes help.

iTunes help.

A friend decided to buy songs off iTunes, only problem is most of the CDs won't play. When you burn a CD it only burns three of the tracks displayed. I talked to her and she said that iTunes only lets you burn a CD of the file ten times? It looks like that when I read it also,. I'm not sure because I used iTunes only a few times. She's afraid that if she burns it any more times that she won't be able to burn it again. Todays sunday so she can't call tech support. I would love to try and help but I don't use iTunes.
    Don't look for a way out.

there should not be that burn 10 x limit.

she can always burn it once as audio cd, then rip the audio cds to highest quality aac or mp3 (e.g. mp3 at 360 vbr should be close enough to audio cd quality), and then re-burn the rips.
    gia

.. what other material were in those cds that had only 3 tracks that did play?
    gia

Brand new CD, I also thought of going and ripping them for her. In the iTunes help it states:

If a playlist contains any songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store, you can only burn the same playlist 10 times.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    Brand new CD, I also thought of going and ripping them for her. In the iTunes help it states:
    If you change the playlist, you can continue to burn. It is an odd restriction, but you cannot copy the exact same playlist over that number. Changing one song resets the counter so I don't understand why the rule is there to begin with. I know it's to deter people from making hundreds of copies of a particular cd, but there have to be better ways to do that.

Luckily I drink Pepsi so I have been getting a lot of songs for free lately.

Ok, thanks. Now for some reason it doesn't burn over 3 songs at a time. I believe she bought 10 or so songs.

Edit: How do you change the playlist/burn order?
    Last edited by RDX1; 03-14-2004 at 11:14 PM.

1) Dump iTunes (overpriced).

2) Signup at http://club.mp3search.ru/

I wouldn't even give them the name to my credit card.

I went over and checked it out. Found how to change the playlist and set the burn to 4x for testing purposes and it worked fine. I think she set the burn level to max and it didn't write properly. The computer is a few years old so it has an older burner in it 12x8.24 I believe. I also removed 'Sound Check' because it seemed useless and I didn't know what it was. I looked at it and it seems it makes sure the quality is good on the CD, but it sounds fine to me without it.

I personally think iTunes is a great price because you get the sound quality and the right song. You usually have to search awhile on P2P to find the right one. You also can burn CDs from there and has a great interface. I wouldn't use it as my main media player though. Apparently she thinks the same because she is very happy with the CD. It can get expensive if you pay for each song and have more then just a few songs you listen to. I know some have 9000+ on their playlist.

I did have a similar problem, but with data CDs.

It would burn about 1/3rd of the data then stutter and die. Turns out my old iMac had a 12x burner and this one is 32x. The CDs were 12x media (and therefore i didnt think about adjusting the burn speed)

I made about 5 coasters than realised the problem.
    Gone.

drag any music file to a different order.

what were those 7 other things in the cd that did not play?
    gia

They were all songs. As stated the computer was older so I turned the burn speed to 4x. (Even though the media is 48x but the burner is 12x.) Works fine.