Arrow Need a PHP programmer to show current album cover from shoutcast on radio homepage

I have seen a few radio stations that along with the "whats playing script" it calls to Amazon.com and gets the current song playing album cover and shows it in the script of whats currently playing.

If someone can write this, after it it is proven it works, I will pay by your choice of Paypal, IRCd/Shell account or shoutcast account. Please e-mail me [email protected] if you can take on this project. Also this needs to be completed ASAP.

Do you already have a database with all of your song information in it? If you do, this is a task that can be done... if you don't you might want to make one before you go in this direction.

If your song title and artist info is 100% correct there might be a way to do it without the db.

nope sure don't, Would you be intrested in creating it? I would need the structure made and say maybe 10 entries so I can see how to add new ones.

Also the info should be correct as I own every cd of every song I play and iTunes gets the correct info when it loads the cd.

Do you have a website example of a similar script working. ( Just for looking ).

Anyways please contact me if you can. My information is in my signature.

Thank You,
    -Robert
    MSN Use the board link under profile!
    Email me through this board!
    Why? So my email isn't harvested!

Ok first off, I am curious what you wishing to pull the 'what is playing information from'. KRR is it's own radio station therefore can directly interlink that to a computer. The album picture is also hosted on their server.

-Robert

Ok Shelltopia, read over all this again.

If you would be willing to get on an instant messenging service for about 5-15 minutes we could discuss some details and I could most likely do this script for you.

Best Regards,
    -Robert

Hey xFuzion. This is not as complex as it seems... in fact... if you go about it in the right fashion Amazon will do most of the work for you.

Shelltopia. I'll look into a method of doing this without the database. If your id3 info is accurate enough it would just be duplicating the information. I'll email you a quote on the task within a day.

Hi there Shelltopia;
    I think what you are looking for is a person who can rip the content from the output page and preform a search with the collected information on a open database (I can't seem to get freedb to dump cd covers). If you know an open database that have provides CD scans, I can try to make it for you. However, I am no professional coder, so it may take a week or two instead of overnight or what not...

correct Robeyh, I just haven't been able to find the Amazon script nor get the correct XML. I currently display song, artist and listener count in real time. I look forward to your reply.

Alf, your way is possable too, I beleive thats what krr does as where macstreams goes direct to amazon.

k, it is done, I'll send you a quote soon. In the mean time, if you could send me what you want it to look like I could do that before I show it to you.

Heh, i own krr so i can help answer the question on that

KRR uses a MySQL database that is directly linked to our station management software which shows whats playing on our website and on our Visual Basic program that runs around that people use.

We manually key in the information to the songs and the links to purchase the cds through amazon, and we host the album pictures on our website.

The rest of it is all PHP scripting at work Hope that answers how we do it