SMTP Authentication

Over the past few day on my server, someone has been trying to send a lot of spam from it. So I put together SMTP Authentication. Now, the problem came where now email being sent form yahoo and hotmail wont go through. Any suggestions on getting around this?

Hmmm, do you have a firewall installed? Have you tried disabling it temporarily? Also, what control panel do you have? (if any)

Alright, everything is figured out now =) Whole thing was pretty complicated in the end, so anyways... but now there is no way to spoof email through the server.

how did you solve it?

Well, I was not the one who dealt with it, I have a friend who is doing the server management. Though, I will try to give you a general idea.

First SMTP authentication was put in place. So that stopped the spam from being sent from the server. The problem that came in place after that was that certain email was being blocked from email providers like yahoo and hotmail. So for that, a filter was put in place to make sure it went through. That filter also blocks any email that is not sent to a valid email on the server. Also, any attempted spoofing is logged with full details.

Hopefully some of this makes sense.

Make sure you have reverse PTR for DNS setup for IP and MX records.
    Mike