Large Capacity, Wholesale Provider Needed

Hello,

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. My company hosts a large number of web sites and dedicated servers. We are actually large enough to be able to have our own data center but prefer to out source it since we do not want the headache of hardware and network management.

There seems to be very few options for us. We tried EV1 but left them because it was impossible to get inventory or upgrades plus they are not very flexible.

We then tried ServerMatrix which are really not that bad in that we can get inventory and their network is good not to mention very flexible options. We are now looking for another provider because of a recent complaint they received about one of our customer's servers. They are shutting down the server but will not tell us why. Needless to say it is scary to be with a provider that will take such actions without a reason. They simply told us they cannot divulge their "sources" which is a bit idiotic in my opinion.

With all that said if anyone can suggest a large capacity facility like EV1 or ServerMatrix that can handle us purchasing 10 - 15 servers a week I would appreciate it. We have staff to handle all the maintenance, OS updates, backups, etc... all we need is good hardware availability with flexible options and a nice, stable network to be plugged into. Beyond that we take care of all the management ourselves.

I certainly appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Jeff at tranXactGlobal.com could probably put some good deals together for you. Their network is pretty good, and their servers are pretty expandable in terms of upgrades. Also try contacting RackOnline.com - I've been very happy with their services, and I'm sure that they could put together some very reasonable and flexible plans for you as well.

Hope this helps,
    Josh

nectartech/rackonline? hardware upgrade is not flexible.

well sad to hear that ongoing about SM they really need to think about this even if it is the CIA asking them to do that they still have to tell you some thing.

feeling sad you look to move away from SM but if you have to then move to GNAX make sure you go with tranXactGlobal.com

and as they said Jeff will be the right person to deal with this.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Why not leased or buy your hardware and colocate with a manage hosting provider? That way you can have someone running your network and hardware to however you wanted it.

Re: Large Capacity, Wholesale Provider Needed

Originally posted by CWarner
    Hello,

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. My company hosts a large number of web sites and dedicated servers. We are actually large enough to be able to have our own data center but prefer to out source it since we do not want the headache of hardware and network management.

There seems to be very few options for us. We tried EV1 but left them because it was impossible to get inventory or upgrades plus they are not very flexible.

We then tried ServerMatrix which are really not that bad in that we can get inventory and their network is good not to mention very flexible options. We are now looking for another provider because of a recent complaint they received about one of our customer's servers. They are shutting down the server but will not tell us why. Needless to say it is scary to be with a provider that will take such actions without a reason. They simply told us they cannot divulge their "sources" which is a bit idiotic in my opinion.

With all that said if anyone can suggest a large capacity facility like EV1 or ServerMatrix that can handle us purchasing 10 - 15 servers a week I would appreciate it. We have staff to handle all the maintenance, OS updates, backups, etc... all we need is good hardware availability with flexible options and a nice, stable network to be plugged into. Beyond that we take care of all the management ourselves.

I certainly appreciate any suggestions you can offer.
    email adam at sagonet dot com

He may be able to help you. It depends on what specific hardware you need but I know they do custom order stuff for people and have a large datacenter down in Floriad (Tampa).

I've never ordered custom from them (my server is off the shelf, so to speak) but there are people on the sagonet support forums forums dot sagonet dot com that have. You do not have to be an existing customer to register for the forums. There are a lot of presales customer questions answered on the forums.

I highly recommend the company. I've been with them since December and they have been great.

Tim
    [timryberg on the Sago forums]

cihost.com is one of the best ones i have seen. they have excellent prices and speed is nice.

Re: Re: Large Capacity, Wholesale Provider Needed

Originally posted by TranswarpHos
    email adam at sagonet dot com

He may be able to help you. It depends on what specific hardware you need but I know they do custom order stuff for people and have a large datacenter down in Floriad (Tampa).

I've never ordered custom from them (my server is off the shelf, so to speak) but there are people on the sagonet support forums forums dot sagonet dot com that have. You do not have to be an existing customer to register for the forums. There are a lot of presales customer questions answered on the forums.

I highly recommend the company. I've been with them since December and they have been great.

Tim
    [timryberg on the Sago forums]
    I really wouldn't go with sagonet, their network is quite bad and not at all stable.

Take a look at http://www.volico.com/ . I moved to them from Dialtone/Interland and migrated 30 servers and growing. They have been real solid and always upgrading to be better. We are co-locating with them, have our own rack, an excellent custom backup server option (our own backup server directly hooked up to each server), and have been quite felixable on the bulk purchases / leases we make with them.

David Hasbrouck

Re: Re: Re: Large Capacity, Wholesale Provider Needed

Originally posted by mnu
    I really wouldn't go with sagonet, their network is quite bad and not at all stable.
    I've never had any problems with them. Before he decides he should go and talk to the people on the forums before making his own decision.

One thing that's refresshing about Sago is that they are forthright about any problems that occur. About a month ago there was an outage effeting a number of members and they posted on the forums exactly (in great detail) what had happened and how the fixed it.

That is in the General section if anybody cares to look it up. They have since set up a special forum for network issues.

Tim

I hear what your saying about EV1 stock problems. I've waited weeks to get the config/OS I want before. Impossible if your buying that huge number of boxes.

Try dropping superb.net a line - they have thier budget offering at superbservers.net. They have some deals on 10mb & 100mb ports (that my company is taking advantage of at the moment), and I'd imagine they would be happy to lump servers together for billing/admin etc.
    Last edited by jasoncart; 03-15-2004 at 05:02 PM.

I can second the claim about sago, good support and although they had a network outage during my first month they did state the reason for it in their forums and the network has been fine since.

Give ServInt a call. I'm sure for what you are looking for, you could make a solid arrangment with them. Their network and support are stellar.

Contact Reed Caldwell (He's the owner) and I'm sure you could work something out...

With the kind of setup you have I would imagine you would have a very large amount of servers at SM and think it easier to work something out with them rather then try and move that much.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    nectartech/rackonline? hardware upgrade is not flexible.
    Talk to Jason or Nick at NectarTech, I believe that they can be flexible. When purchasing in bulk amounts, almost any company can be very flexible

- Matt

Give Paul [AT] Rusko.us a shout, they can meet your need very easily.

Contact coloquest.com, they do servers on a custom basis and im sure they will be able to meet your needs and demands.

There's also **********-I know that they work with people to get what they want, I've been bugging one of the guys there for quotes every week probably :p
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

contact superbservers.net

Reliable and large provider and I am sure they have servers in the stock all the time... The price is also good

Originally posted by lostpacket
    Give Paul [AT] Rusko.us a shout, they can meet your need very easily.
    I second that. For this type of situation Paul is your man. He will be able to provide everything that you need, and with the highest quality.

Everyone who has posted has been very helpful. It is difficult finding a provider to meet our needs

We would have loved to remained with SM but they are just too slow to respond to tickets or special requests.

NP, wish you luck in your search.

Have you been able to find anyone that can do what you looking for yet?

You should really consider GNAX (tranxactglobal.com). They are excellent.

We are seriously considering GNAX because of their offer to lease hardware to us at custom configs but we are researching other companies as well

It has been an interesting search. We are in a unique position of being large enough to have our own data center but not really wanting to deal with it. We are a service company not a networking/hardware company and want to stay that way

I'd recommend GNAX as well, they are nothing but great.

By the way, keep up the good work with iPB, can't wait for 2.0 =D!