What would you change within America?

No Flaming please, no under age talk, and please keep this post civil. This post is for only Americans at last.

What would you change within America? Why? What would you change it to?

I will post what I would change within America after a few posts.

I am not an American but a Canadian and I feel this applies to both countries (if not all countries of the world)

I know this may seem like a bit of a cliche but I would change "The Youth"

I see too many youth with bad attitudes, a complete lack of respect and responsibility. I know I am over-generalizing but in general this is what the youth of today act like.

It is surprising for me to see that there is a large amount of 'gang-bangers' and their 'women' under the age of 18, living in the suburbs. I see these kids and I think to myself, what will become of them when they are ready to be adults?

I am not judging by the way they dress, so take that out of your minds but just with their overall attitudes towards people and life and the languge that they use. I mean what you do in your teenage years has a profound effect on the rest of your life. I just don't see people [who voluntarily change their attitudes to be 'cool' or even their vocabularies] getting far in life.

Please don't flame my post, feel free to alter it, etc I have written this in a hurry - but this is my general feeling.

Agreed.

I think we need to make the following illegal...
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM

Originally posted by illuzhen777
    Agreed.

I think we need to make the following illegal...
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    - SPAM
    couldn't agree with you more!

Re: What would you change within America?

Originally posted by Torith
    No Flaming please, no under age talk, and please keep this post civil. This post is for only Americans at last.

What would you change within America? Why? What would you change it to?

I will post what I would change within America after a few posts.
    No Flaming Please. What a silly way to start a thread, a thread that you feel is a sensitive topic. It is like waving a red flag at a bull and then saying .. Don't Charge.

Now I don't understand the sentence "This post is for only Americans at last." It is gramatical nonsense. If you're saying this thread is for Americans only, well then your out of luck because, these forums are multi national.

What would I change .

1. Their education system
    2. Their trading ethics
    3. Their sense of Importance on the world scene
    4. Their foreign Policy.
    5. Their attidute

Doc
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 03-14-2004 at 06:11 AM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Re: Re: What would you change within America?

Originally posted by TheDoctor

Now I don't understand the sentence "This post is for only Americans at last." It is gramatical nonsense. If you're saying this thread is for Americans only, well then your out of luck because, these forums are multi national.
    I think his point is that he was interested to know what Americans would Change about America. Not one some else that lives across the globle thinks.

Torith: You should have worded it "What would you change about YOUR country" No ones going to listen to what you ask here, they never do..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Re: Re: Re: What would you change within America?

Originally posted by Trifolic
    I think his point is that he was interested to know what Americans would Change about America. Not one some else that lives across the globle thinks.

Torith: You should have worded it "What would you change about YOUR country" No ones going to listen to what you ask here, they never do..
    What give up a chance to get my two cents worth in .. not a chance.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Well lets see here:

- 50 foot wall; 25 foot deep wall bordering Mexico. Border Patrol has right to shoot to kill if any cross.

- End neogiations with other countries and make outsourcing workers illegal.

- No tax breaks. We work our way to pay off the national debt.

- Cut backs on miltary spending.

- improvements to our communities

I think I named them all.
    Kerry Jones

What would I change? Here's my list;

Education System
    - More federal spending on the education system.
    - A nationwide test for high school graduates. Enough with the statewide BS.
    - A mandate on schooling hours. For example, where I live the High School starts at 7:15 in the morning. If you want a high school student to learn, you have to understand their lifestyle. Waking up at 7:15 in the morning isn't anything to do with their/our lifestyle.
    - More financial aid relief for teacher's who are working towards earning their master's degree, as well as a teacher who is just further inmproving their education.

Health Coverage
    - Easier to obtain health coverage for low income families.
    - Enough with patients suing doctors.
    - More Government funded soup kitchens.
    - Free health clinics.

Military
    - Focus more on homeland defense.
    - Only go into countries seeking our help, or where it is entirely necessary, such as Haiti, or many countries in South Africa.
    - Make the marine's stop calling my house attempting to recruit me. Sorry guys, it ain't gonna happen.

Job Seeking/Unemployment/Bringing jobs back to America
    - Make unemployment last for up to 6 months, rather than the current 3.
    - A more organized, efficient program that makes it easier for job seekers to search for and obtain jobs.
    - Punish companies who outsource jobs to countries outside of the USA through harsh taxes. Give tax reliefs to companies who don't outsource.

I would have our government focus more on our country...than sticking our noses in other countries' affairs. Yeah, there are injustices in the world...let the other countries sort it out. Unless we can honestly say we have done everything right in OUR country, we need to leave everyone else alone.

We need to focus on education, our screwed up justice system, national health care and getting rid of welfare programs that do nothing more than perpetuate poverty.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

1) the president. ANYONE but a bush.

2) the accent.. i'd make everyone have a scottish, welsh or irish accent

(just kidding for the point 2 .. i'd probably change just the minnesota and texas accents)
    gia

Health Care
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Everyone be nicer to everyone else for starts

Okay what I would change within America

1. Schools
    2. Health Care
    3. Jobs
    4. America improve on America (go figure seems they would do that in the first place)

1) the president. ANYONE but a bush.

I hate when people say that. So you believe that someone like Castro would actually be a better president than Bush for the United States? You did say ANYONE so it can mean ANYONE.

I shudder to think what would happen if we got some depressed, suicidal or enraged person behind the big red button.

[EDIT]

I would actually have a president revoke the executive orders that suspend the Constitution and Bill of Rights and gives full control of the federal government and military to FEMA. Congress cannot override this, only the president, since its an executive order. It's the only thing that can turn this country into a dictatorship and can even extend a presidential term.

#1- Healthcare, especially for our senior citizens and children. Far too many insurance companies charge way too much for medical care for our seniors.

#2- Education with more emphasis on morals and family values, like when I was in school. Back then you didnt have as bad a problem with teen pregnancy, gang bangers, or school shootings, hell most of us had hunting rifles in our trucks and it was never a problem.

#3- Keep our government out of everyones business, that includes our own citiezens and other countries UNLESS it is a direct threat to our citizens safety.

#4 - Return our government to the people. Far too many special interest groups have too much say in policy making for our populous.

Other than that, there are alot of other things that coud use a good overhauling and returning our country back to "by the people for the people" standing that our forfathers wanted to see.

Originally posted by IDS
    I know this may seem like a bit of a cliche but I would change "The Youth"

I see too many youth with bad attitudes, a complete lack of respect and responsibility. I know I am over-generalizing but in general this is what the youth of today act like.
    Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

(Socrates, 5th Century BC)

Note: I doubt this was ever actually quoted, but it's often posted and emailed around (I'm sure you've seen it before), and it wouldn't surprise me if adults felt this way since the dawn of time.
    Last edited by Chicken; 03-15-2004 at 05:40 AM.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I would remove all the corrupted politicians in office who have caused this country nothing but money and grief. There are GOOD politicians out there, sadly, the bad ones out number them.

I would change the driving laws. I would require a written driving test (or on the computer), plus a vision test every time they must renew their license. I would also make it lowwer the expiration date on licenses for citizens over the age of 60, from 6 years, to 3 years.

I would increase the education fundings. Give more to the children of the future, so one day, they can give back to us elders. I would make it easier for international students with visa to get loans and scholorships, and I would increase pay for teachers.

I would cut down on illegal immigrants who do not pay taxes and harm our economy. I would make business owners well aware that if they hire an illegal immigrant, they will be punished.

I would change the way America Works. Give more time to let people enjoy life and not work so hard. Give better health benefits and require any and all corporations with 20 or more employees to give health care benefits to their full time/part time employees.

I would make the streets safer for our youths.

I would make tougher laws when it comes to child abuse, selling drugs, and murder. I would increase the death penelty and limit the amount of inmates we have in prision.

I would allow stem cell research to continue.

I would ban abortion, but provide more funding to those who want to give up their child.

I would send people who rape other people to the chair.

I would send people who abuse children to the chair.

I would send people who kill to the chair.

I would remove the Patriot Act.

I would allow gays to marry.

I would lift the embargo on Cuba.

I would be friends with other countries, not enemies.

I would raise the minimal wage in all States.

I would change the driving law to 18 years and older.

I would require all students in high school to take 2years of P.E., Music, Art or any other creative class.

I would help the homeless. Get them off the street and into jobs.

I would punish the rich who steal from the poor.

I would add mroe youth centers for child to go to have fun and stay off the streets.

I would ban cig smoking everywhere.

I would remove all these "marry me" tv shows and increase the ratings.

I would remove Bush from Office.

I would focus less on other countries and focus on more on ours.

I would stop the war in Iraq.

I would treat our military personnel with better respect and pay them more.
    Last edited by Rob83; 03-15-2004 at 08:07 AM.

Oh yes and I must say..

- Pay more to school teachers
    - Remove Bush from office
    - Enforce anti-drug "movements" more
    - Higher penalties for theifs
    - Legalize gay marrige
    - Legalize abortion (Within a 1 month time of initial pregnacy)

I'd get rid of Bush, and prevent all future reptilian lifeforms from taking over top positions within the government.

RMF

What would I change? I'd change all the people asking about what should change.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Well lets see here:

- 50 foot wall; 25 foot deep wall bordering Mexico. Border Patrol has right to shoot to kill if any cross.

- End neogiations with other countries and make outsourcing workers illegal.

- No tax breaks. We work our way to pay off the national debt.

- Cut backs on miltary spending.

- improvements to our communities

I think I named them all.
    Ouch Kerry, shoot the Mexicans (who's land we stole?!?)

End outsourcing? While I hate it, it's doing a great thing for stock holders and educating populations overseas...new thread to argue that one...

Cut back military spending! Right on!

Spend money on edu to improve our own communities? Great idea.

No tax breaks?! How about only taxing the top half of the earners by splitting the population in two parts so those struggling with poverty can get a foot hold on their lives or something that gave breaks to college students?

Personally, I'd like to see a country that spent less on military and more on edu, especially at the Jr. High and High School levels to improve the drop out rate and improve the number who move on to college. I think that alone would solve a lot of problems.

lluzhen777? I'd say I agree with all of that.

Inogenius? a most excellent start...well laid out too. Are you running in 04?
    Last edited by kckclass; 03-16-2004 at 01:58 AM.
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!

I would change the speed of life here. There is just too many people now and the speed of life is unbelievable now. I think if we all slowed down a little and got back to family instead of putting so much importance in money and having the nicest things the country would be better place.

My 2cents anyway
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1