Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much should I pay someone to do my ENOM API integration?

I signed up with ENOM as an ETP reseller and will be using API to integrate the entire domain registration and have *everything* inside my site's layout. I don't want to use drams but I did look into whoiscart.

However the other programmer who was supposed to complete this project for me... months go by and it's not even close to being finished and it takes him 2 weeks to reply to my emails and lately no response. I'm totally fed up and therefore I need to find someone RELIABLE to complete my API integration. Some people are quoting me $500 and some only $150 to do this. $500 seems way to high. What's appropriate? I cannot pay more than $250 (maybe $300) to get this done. I can't seem to find anyboday reliable to do my API integration so I can have it over with!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I would say in the $500-$750 range to do an entire API that would allow people to:

1) Register Domains, DNS Services, DyDns Services
    2) Manage their Domains
    3) Renew their domains

ALso to have the script give you an admin area to add/remove/edit users and accounts as well as to have scripts that send out reminder notices.

API intergration would run alot more than $500.
    The development team would have to research the api and check exceptions . . . .etc.

You probably just want your website to be able to talk to ENOM for registration, but starting from scratch, it would not be within that budget.

WHMAutopilot has intergration for ENOM. You might to ask if they are willing to sell you that piece of code.

Cheers
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

I see thanks for responses. Yeah basically I want the entire domain registration to be inside my site's layout including the "domain name manager" section where my customers will be able to login and manage their domains to update their whois info/nameservers e.t.c. whenever they wish.

I really love how this host has their domain registration setup and is extremely similar to the way I want mine to be (hope they don't mind me posting their URL):

https://www.elitehosts.com/domains/

Does anyone maybe know of anybody who could do this for me? I just want it done and over with. I just want a very simple and clean domain registration section on my site via API like the above host.

Actually I've been thinking of using drams or whois cart.. not sure which ones more customizable. It looks like whois cart would be more customizable than drams? Sorry probably posting this in wrong forum section now. But with drams would I be able to have my domain registration setup like this host does (I'm talking layout/design wise):

https://www.elitehosts.com/domains/

It seems like if I used drams I couldn't have it like the above host... I'd have to use drams layout instead which I didn't really like. It doesn't seem like drams layout could be customized as such

I think I've found a programmer to do my API integration using either drams or whois cart for about $400 or so.

The ENOM api is dead simple to implement yourself, a few lines of perl and you're done.

I see, actually someone told me if I'm going to be using drams then $400 is way too high of a price to pay for the integration. I'm terrible with unfamiliar codes... so I know I need someone to do it for me

So now I don't understand these other responses telling me $500 is too low... then I'm told $400 is far too high

DRAMS is already an existing software package that can talk to the API. All you would need then is integration into your website and the design = cheaper to do.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

I see thanks... so if I use drams then the cost of the API integration should be reduced quite a bit and shouldn't cost anywhere near $400 to get done.

In that case I'll use drams.. seems like it's much better/easier to use drams instead of starting from scratch... so all these other responses must have been referring to the price if I was having it done from scratch only. In that case I'm buying drams.

We're getting ready to move away from DRAMS after using it for over a year. Basically, it seems redundant to me. Everything can be done via eNom directly...with fewer glitches.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I see thanks, AffordableHost now I'm even more confused
    I was all set to use drams, now I'm not so sure anymore.

But if you don't use drams then are you going to use some kind of cart such as whois cart at all? Or are you just going to have it coded from scratch?

I found a programmer to do my integration because I haven't got a clue how to do it myself. Paying him $490... I hope that's not too high

Originally posted by whoppe
    The ENOM api is dead simple to implement yourself, a few lines of perl and you're done.
    You are wrong! I have worked with the eNom API and its anything but dead simple.

If you want the whole thing integrated, with a domain manager, etc. you are probably looking at around $10K.

If you do not have that kind of money, go with DRAMS. May not be EVERYTHING you want, but will do the job and save you quite a bit of money.

So using drams is the best/easiest/cheapest solution afterall. I'm going to have drams used and get this over with already.

Well, I guess I'm a statistical anomoly. I had the enom API implemented in almost literally a minute.

(Done in sixty seconds ... lol)
    Peter M Dodge,
    President, Viridian Tower Electronics

(Formerly Creative Director of LiquidFire Network Solutions 2003-2007)

Man! See this is why I'm always confused!

I ask and each time I ask someone says something entirely different from the previous. What am I supposed to make of it

EDIT: liquidfire, actually then you must not have done a complete integration. I want everything in my site's layout including a fully functional "domain name manager" section in my site's layout... that seems like it'd be a lot of work coding from scratch if you aren't using drams...

Originally posted by liquidfire
    Well, I guess I'm a statistical anomoly. I had the enom API implemented in almost literally a minute.

(Done in sixty seconds ... lol)
    Please do not play tricks on the poor person who is here for a sincere advice. I have been a software engineer all my life with 14 years of experience behind me working for a lot of the Fortune 500, and it took me over a month to do everything as this person wants to get it done. All you probably did in sixty seconds was integrated the "registration" only API. Even with that, unless you spent hours of developing fron-end forms and then later testing everything out, your product probably does not function.

To the original poster, please do not listen to everyone. If you want to assess how much work is involved, just download the API documentation from enom in PDF and take a look at it even if does not make any sense to you.

Good luck.

The price that you are paying seems to be a pretty good one to me. As long as the work is quality and you make sure that they don't get all the $$$ upfront, you should be ok

Considering you already have a site layout/template or will be getting one anyways, really the work that needs to be done is the API integration, and eNom's gone and done a pretty good job of making it easy to integrate with IMHO.

10K? Sounds like a price quote more suited to WorldCom to me
    Bryan Jaskolka, CEO
    Nevidia Internet Solutions Ltd.

mharoon,

Thanks... I'll be using drams afterall :)

mharoon, I wrote my own implementation to talk with enom.
    Its basic registration, dns changes, whois (through external whois sources), and the basic stuff. Took me a few hours at most.
    Obviously, if you want to implement ALL the functions it will take you longer, but that was a basic subset for registration and a few other basic things.

I am not talking the barebone basics -- I am talking the full-blown API implementation. There are also things that you have to do that the API won't do for you. For example, if you register child nameservers with a domain, there is no way in the current API to get a list of child nameservers for a given domain. You have to write your own code to store those in a database and keep them in sycn with enom's data -- a pretty time consuming task.

I am about to do something similar to what you want for one of my own sites, so we could arrange to have it integrated into your own site as well. I looked at drams, but it requires you to turn register global variables on in php, and that to me is a security risk I don't want to take.

If you are interested in talking about having this work done send me an icq at
    19-054-052

Originally posted by mharoon
    You are wrong! I have worked with the eNom API and its anything but dead simple.
    I wasted a whole week trying to implement eNom's API for PHP. I gave up and decided to try Perl, it took me less than two hours this morning.
    Very simple.

enom is already integrated into several billing systems including whoiscart and whmautopilot. It seems like this would be a more cost efficient method of integrating both billing and enom domain registrations for a fraction of the cost of a custom api integration.

I'm having someone install DRAMS right now on their test DRAMS account before installing my own DRAMS after I buy it. It looks perfect so far, glad I decided to go with DRAMS.

I'm about to buy DRAMS right now... standard DRAMS is only a one-time fee of $100 bucks right? It's not a yearly or recurrent fee... just a one-time fee only right? Just double checking...

Originally posted by Frosty
    I'm having someone install DRAMS right now on their test DRAMS account before installing my own DRAMS after I buy it. It looks perfect so far, glad I decided to go with DRAMS.

I'm about to buy DRAMS right now... standard DRAMS is only a one-time fee of $100 bucks right? It's not a yearly or recurrent fee... just a one-time fee only right? Just double checking...

Go with Drams, and it is just a $100 fee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast