Migrating from Ensim to Cpanel across servers

I'm going to be moving servers very soon, and need some advice. I've always moved sites that were under cpanel administration - I would create a backup in cpanel, and then restore the backup on the new server.

This was mainly because I didn't have root access on both servers. In this situation, I now do. The old server is running Ensim 3.0, and the new one is running cpanel/whm.

I've noticed a copy site feature which seems to support copying from an Ensim server to Cpanel. How reliable / safe is this to use?

Don't expect it to work, prepare to move accounts manually.

Since cPanel uses a different kind of user names and with a max length of 8 characters will all usernames be changed. This will also affect the usernames and names of mysql databases, which must be changed in all scripts.

If you change the part of the username be the "@domain" to max 8 characters will it help on the transfer. Other things that can cause problems are large databases and accounts using a lot of disk space. If you only need to move a few sites is the simplest way to move the sites manually.