****er Spamming On My Forum

Hello
    I just went to WHTIRC and said "Have you guys ever been to <my site>" and all a sudden i got this person spamming around 64 posts in less then 1 min. I just opened it and now i have to take it down because of this guys unpolite ways and deicded to spam me (i didn't do anything but ask) now i got half the chatroom talking about it and 64 posts to clear off my forum (i did ban his ip)

(I am sorry for anything i did to you guys)
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-13-2004 at 05:58 PM.

?

around 64 posts in less then 1 min
    You obviously need to change your flood settings for your forum script.

I just did I AM SO PISSED I SPENT 3 DAYS PREPERING THIS FORUM AND SOME DUMB DUDE COMES ALONG AND WRECKS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

the forum is at <removed> and it wasn't exculty 1 min more like 10 or so.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-13-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Well, what do you expect when you spam a chatroom?

I just did I AM SO PISSED I SPENT 3 DAYS PREPERING THIS FORUM AND SOME DUMB DUDE COMES ALONG AND WRECKS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

the forum is at <removed> and it wasn't exculty 1 min more like 10 or so.
    Now you are spamming the forums.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-13-2004 at 05:59 PM.

Sadly.. It happens.. Clean it up and move on is all you can do at the moment

Oh yea.. Word of advice...

Don't ever go into a chat or forum when your new and say " Have you ever been to blabla.com?" Because it has just opened, which made them think oh hes spamming us, so they decided to spam you.

Yes it sucks, but life isn't fair you know.
    Last edited by JWise; 03-13-2004 at 04:33 PM.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Looks like the title Newbie will soon be something else if you don't relax. It's not like anyone has control of people in a IRC room. Fact is you have posted that url 2 times in this thread.

I can imagine you did that many times in the chat room, thus spamming yourself and provoking someone to act upon you and your board.

Of course I could be wrong, wife say I am all the time.

so wait .. you go into an IRC room and ask if anyone has ever been to xxx and you don't consider that as spamming on your end?

IMHO you got what you asked for. you spammed a room, and someone spammed you.

OP i'm not being funny or anything but what does that say on the front page of your cryodesign site say? i nearly got a migrain trying to read it.

Many people get PO'ed when others say "Have you ever been to..." -- It's ALWAYS spam...

You spammed, now you got a spammer..

Its like an eye for an eye.

i have a spamming problem on some things too, i just make a java thing popup when they first come to the site for the day, and have a java script prompt them to enter a certain code before being able to view the site, and that keeps bots out.

I would also get hit ip adress and block it.

ok sorry guys i was just kinda pissed off (i am sorry if i did anything i just asked a question i was hoping they would just say no)
    Sorry on my part.

Ah man..........

Dont EVER give out anything where you dont trust the area!

I keep telling this to my friends here,they always give out thier aim names and such,then complain when they get spammed.......

DONT GIVE IT OUT and you wont be!!!!!!! Im not trying to be a prick here,im just trying to help you guys,i know some of you are in business and wanna get attention,but i think advertising your site is more than enough......Rather post your AIM name on your site,then someone just looking to spam you,wont just goto your site for nothing..........

Just my .02 worth

The Dude