Small script needed

I am about to launch an ecommerce site running on a MySQL database which I will need to backup each and every day.

What I would like done is a script written so that every day at a predefined time the script does a complete export of the database to a file on the server in a backup directory which I can then download to my computer every day. Each file should have a different name (ideally that days date) and I would like the previous 30 days backups kept and then on day 31 the first backup is deleted and so on so I have the previous 30 days backups at any one time.

I know how to do this manually via PHPMyAdmin and putty but I would like it all automated so its done every day whther I remember to do it or not - can anyone help?

Thanks

Jason

I'm sorry, why not use a cron job?

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I can do it and the script can be finished in one day.
    Contact me if you'd like to talk about the details via the IMs in ym signature, or through the Email ( werfew [at] gmx.net )

Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from you,
    - Werfew

I suggest you use werfew, I'm sure he will get the job done. heard good things about him.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I'm actually also looking for something like this. But then for all different files & it must send 'm to a certain (backup) SERVER through FTP. Is that possible?

The job can be either done with a bash script (only if you have a unix like system), or PHP (ot any other scripting language i guess).

I can do it with PHP, and my script can send you an email with the link to the backup file.

I can do it for USD 15.00 - 20.00,
    and payment can be done via paypal.

Thanks,
    - Werew

PS: Hey Eugene, that's for the comments (i'm becoming kind of popular i guess, -- hehe ;-)

If you're still interested in this, or if anyone else wants it, I've got a shell script for Unix systems that can do local backup as well as ftp.

Additional features:

Configurable backup intervals (though this is built into cron)
    Configurable number of archives.

Cost is $10.

pm or email if interested