What should I do when....

... my old host won't give up a domain name I registered with them.??

I signed up with astrahosting... I know stupid move. I registered a domain name with them that it turns out I don't own. When I ask them how I can get it back they tell me to initiate a transfer. When I do... they don't reply to the emails the transfer host sends them. ARRRGHHHH!!! This has been dragging on for months!

I have re-initiated the transfer about 6 times and still nothing.

Is there a higher power that can help me out...? Does the domain name god lurk on this forum and grant the wishes of the fools that don't look for reviews on a host before signing up...?

Maxwarp
    'the fool'

Is there any details on whois that points to you at all? Like name, company name, adress etc. Who is the ICANN registrar of the domain and do you have any receipt etc from when you paid for the domain registration?

The domain was registered through EV1 and the ICANN registrar is Tucows. You mentioned something about a fine print. If you have agreed to certain terms then there is no chance of getting back unless the agreement is deemed illegal and the astrahosting did n't have a right to make that agreement with you. Is it possible to share with us the content of the fine print?

the only person can help you is Astrahosting.

because its registered under their name + ev1servers is the reseller for tucows.

try contacting opensrs might help you or try first ev1servers.

but technically Astrahosting is the owner.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

With business practices like this it will only be a matter of time before they are done.

s/done/gone/g ?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi