Is paypal allowing disputes now for subscriptions??

The vast majority of my customers pay through paypal. I thought that they couldn't dispute a subscription payment...is this not true anymore? I have a customer disputing a $25 monthly payment, and being a ridiculous jackass about it. (don't you love those kind of customers?) Anyway, he got what he paid for, actually more than he paid for, but what am I supposed to do? Paypal only wants a tracking number or a refund. I can't think of more than one situation where a business with subscriptions would have a tracking number after each months payments...

If it's past thirty-days, he can't dispute it. The most he'd be getting is $25, and besides, if there are no goods involved, just show that you provided the service.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    If it's past thirty-days, he can't dispute it. The most he'd be getting is $25, and besides, if there are no goods involved, just show that you provided the service.
    There is nothing to show that I "provided the service". Paypal wants a tracking number or a refund and nothing else. It may "only be $25", but if he can do it so can anybody else, and that worries me.

Well why is he paying you 25.00/m?

You have to have done something for him. Or else, I'd want my money back as well.

- Felix.

Reseller account. Lotsa bandwidth. $25 is a good deal for what he's getting, and he got more than advertised. He got everything he paid for.

Say that the good were non-tanagable products. Paypal sometimes rules in the sellers favour in those circumstances

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by jvds
    Say that the good were non-tanagable products. Paypal sometimes rules in the sellers favour in those circumstances

Rus
    There's no option for that. They are asking me for a tracking number, proof of previous refund, or refund right now. I hate paypal...

Tell them that you offered a service.

Remember, as a service business you should have them sign off, by email or registered snail mail, that they did "have the services rendered." That's the seller's protection in such a case. If they say at one point that you rendered the service, then they cannot turn around and say they want their money back.
    Peter M Dodge,
    President, Viridian Tower Electronics

(Formerly Creative Director of LiquidFire Network Solutions 2003-2007)

bullony, just tell paypal you provided them with a non-tangible good. Services are not tangible. Send paypal a copy of the most recent invoice that was sent to the buyer.

They do not support refunds for non tangible items if is past thirty days.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

There is no way to tell paypal anything! This is what I'm trying to tell you, there is no way to fight! They do not care the slightest bit that I sold a service. They do not want proof of anything else and will not accept it. The 3 options are, tracking number, proof of refund, or a refund right now. That's it. Nothing else. Nobody to contact. Nobody who cares.

Have you tried sending them an email or contacting them via their contact form?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

In the tracking number field, put in "non tangible service was purchased". The form will accept it.

PayPal doesn't offer protection for services. This has come up multiple times before.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    http://www.boardnation.com
    Easily build a community today!

bullony, the matter is not what they asked you for, the matter is what you give them. Just send them a paid invoice, if it helps to sleep better, consider it as a tracking number since that is why invoices have numbers on them.

It seems like you're not even trying, and I'm going to give up the encouragement to fight back.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Originally posted by bullony13
    There is no way to tell paypal anything! This is what I'm trying to tell you, there is no way to fight! They do not care the slightest bit that I sold a service. They do not want proof of anything else and will not accept it. The 3 options are, tracking number, proof of refund, or a refund right now. That's it. Nothing else. Nobody to contact. Nobody who cares.
    You either need to accept that PayPal will do whatever PayPal feels like doing, or don't use them. Accept that anything you receive may be returned to the sender.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.