Dedicated Server Bandwith Question

Hey,

I am looking into buying a dedicated server for my upcoming Unity multi-user flash application. I come across a lot of plans that say 100 GB/month of data transfer. I don't really get it, that seems like ******** to me. I mean, my 10 dollars a month reseller WEB hosting gives me that! Here's what I am looking for:

1.5 Ghz
    Literally 1 GB (meaning I don't care about space)
    Linux or Windows
    50mbps line
    200 GB/bandwith

50 bucks/month

Now, with those specs does that mean that, it can transfer at 50 mbps but only like until it reaches its 200 GB a month quota? If so, that is alright because I will only be sending things about 1-2 KB in size.

Thank you,
    Mike

Yes. It means you're allowed to burst up to 50mbit/s and stop you once you have reached 200GB unless you are willing to pay for the overage.

Ok, so are there any packages out there like the one I mentioned?

Yes there is a few vendors in the "Advertising Forums"

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=36

Most of them are either 10mbs or 100mbs. I have never seen anyone or used switches that will run at 50mbs. If you want a 100mbs drop that is rate limited to 50mbs I am sure that is available. Most of the vendors that offer 10mbs ussally allow you to upgrade to 100mbs for a small fee.

Yes, most of them either 10 or 100mbit.

But I would recommend it to be on a 100mbit port as it allows more bustable space, which your visitors will get good speed downloading.