Lightbulb Shelltopia - Bigfoot Server

Just wanted to let our customers that read WHT that one of our shell servers, Bigfoot is currently down due to hard drive failure and refuses to boot. Our datacenter is aware of the situation and is hard at work restoring our system as fast as they can while trying to not have any data on the server lost.

I will update the thread when I have more info on the restore progress.

Thank you for your business and your understanding in this matter.

The server was fully restored via reboot of cd and recompiled, no data was lost and server once again is fully back online.

What has happen with Shelltopia over last few days? I know it has been down for a while, and can find noting here at WHT about it.. anyone else using Shelltopia?

cleggo,

stop by the channel. #pitbull @ efnet. We got rid of two servers @ staminus. We now have servers in california, chicago, baltamore, and arizona. You just need to have your account reinstated on a server of your choice.

Why did you leave Staminus?

I thought you were having a great experience with them.

I was sort of wondering why I had to find out at a forum the server was gone, and all my files.. I'll see if I can meet someone in efnet sometime or another for remainder of my time left.

Originally posted by miakeru
    Why did you leave Staminus?

I thought you were having a great experience with them.
    We have 1 server still at staminus. We needed to have servers in different locations mainly. Also, our new providers give more ips then staminus does which is one thing we needed.