Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transferring domains from Parava to directi

I have several domains at Parava and quite a few customer's domains as well which I wish to transfer before renewal as I now have my own reseller account.

I don't seem to be getting any confirmation of the transfer request, and neither are any of my customers who are trying to transfer their domains.

I did a whois on my domains from within my directi reseller panel and it couldn't find any information for the problem domains. It found information on the domains that I have with directi. Might this be the problem, that it can't access Parava's whois?

As far as I know they were not locked. I need to do this process before next month as the domains would otherwise have to be renewed.

What do I do next? Help!
    DStar

Hi DStar,

I suppose you already initiated the transfer process from your Directi account.

Check at www.internic.net/whois.html to verify status of the domains you're trying to transfer is NOT locked (Registrar-Lock).

To verify the contact details for your domain names registered at Parava, you can go to http://www.domains410.com/checkwhoisinfo.asp

Then check the administrative contact email account is the right one and someone (either you or the owner of the domain) can access to approve the transfer. As you should know, an email requesting authorization to transfer a domain name is sent to the administrative contact email account of the domain name to be transferred.

That's all. Good luck.

Greetings,

Eboy

you can also chec kthe whois from http://www.whois.sc/YOURDOMAIN.COM it can shw both the registry and registrar info.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Ok, thank you! It looks like the registrar locked it without telling me.

It's really odd, because I can change nameservers and other details fine... but that whois link says REGISTRAR-LOCK alright.

How do I unlock it at parava then? I still have the login details and the email address, and there is nothing in the account that says it's locked or how to unlock it.

EDIT: Yup, all the domains from that registrar are locked, with nothing in the control panel to unlock them... email sent.
    Last edited by DStar; 03-20-2004 at 04:46 PM.
    DStar

if there is no LOCK/UN-LOCK option at the control panel then you need to contact Parava to unlock them for you.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

btw REGISTRAR-LOCK is only for registrar transfers, you can do everything else like chaning the nameservers or whois info.

Looks like directi gave me a refund for the transfer even though I've been in contact with THEIR support over why I wasn't getting the email to authorize the transfer... 10 days after ordering it.

There is no option to lock or unlock within the control panel.

The email address associated with the domain, and all other details of the domain name save for the last name (I decided to use my mother's last name in my reseller account), are exactly the same as those in my reseller account, but they can't transfer it? They can't manually send me an email to verify it or something?

I am REALLY upset at parava / 10-domains right now.

Yes, it's the weekend, but I haven't received an email back yet and this is time-critical. It wouldn't have been time-critical if they'd said it was locked, I would have emailed them 9 days ago to ask them to remove it and then tried to transfer.

THEY LOCK DOMAINS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION OF THE DOMAIN-HOLDER!

I never authorized the lock, so now I can't authorize the transfer, and neither can any of my customers. This smells of shady business practices. Arrrgh!
    DStar

wish you lock that parava allow unlocking domains for free..

others bee charnging almost same as registraiton cost or even more to transfer out.

people like totalnic doesn;t unlock your domain AT ALL!!

No email today...

I don't want my domains there, especially after this.

We'll see if there's a reply monday morning...
    DStar

no support email and the servers down now. im really pissed off too. i know godaddy hasnt been down in all the time ive been with them, and theyve been great...i might just go with wildwest.
    jubba joo!

godaddy == wildwest !

wildwest is godaddy's reseller program

which is why i said since godaddy has been great maybe ill checkout WWd
    jubba joo!

Email back from parava. No support on the weekends I guess, but they said the domains are unlocked now.

Hopefully that means all of them not just the ones in that particular email. Checking now.

EDIT: Domains still say registrar-lock at internic. How long does that take to update?
    Last edited by DStar; 03-22-2004 at 04:00 PM.
    DStar

Between 12-24 hours to update status.

Greetings,

Eboy
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Thanks for the help, everyone.

*crossing fingers to get everything setup in time*
    DStar

unlocked yet?

Yup!

Some of the domains aren't unlocked yet, hopefully they will be tomorrow. Some are though so I'll be trying to do a transfer now.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.
    DStar

glad to hear that

Still not getting the auth email even though that particular domain is "ACTIVE" status. (Other domains aren't out of registrar-lock yet.)

Whois from within the directi api returns no results, as if the domain is unregistered, whereas whois from pretty much anywhere else returns the results.

So, it can't find the admin email to send the authorization confirmation to. :-/

This was the problem that I thought it was last week, before the domain was unlocked.

So, we'll see how it goes.
    DStar

No reply yet from directi about why whois to parava domains brings up nothing.

Tried to transfer the domain that I tried to transfer before and was refunded for because it was locked... and that order is "locked in processing" now although the domain is unlocked.

Really getting frustrated with this process, and have less than a week left on one of the domains.

If they'd just do a manual search of whois they'd see that I'm obviously the owner of the domain. How hard IS this???
    DStar

NO REPLY from directi.

Sales reversal of one customer's transfer order even though I emailed support several days ago about the problem.

Other transfer is locked in processing.

My transfer for the domain I use for my company is still being processed, but it expires on the 1st and there is NO REPLY!

What am I supposed to do? If anyone even did a whois lookup of the domains it's BLOODY OBVIOUS that I am the registrant.
    DStar

Finally figured out how to contact directi directly for support... we'll see if this gets resolution now that I'm not going through layers of resellers.
    DStar

Direct reply from directi - they say that there is no admin email listed on the domains therefore it's not a bug. However, whois.sc and truewhois.com and betterwhois.com *can* see the email addresses.

Directi also says I need to contact my root parent reseller rather than directly to directi. So I have now done so.

3 days left to transfer one of the domains...
    DStar

DStar,

If you read all the posts regarding Parava Networks or 10-Domains.com you are the only person that has posted a complaint regarding our company, 10-Domains.com.

You posted on 3/20 that you contacted us via email and on 3/21 you post another reply complaining that we do not respond to emails.

According to your posts, you contact Directi on 3/25 and did not hear from them until 3/28, yet you do not complain.

It is stadard procedure with us as with most Registrars to lock domains to prevent unauthorized transfer. 10-Domains.com DOES NOT charge for unlocking domains or releasing domains.

As you requested, the domains you wanted unlocked were unlocked. Good luck with your new Registrar.

$10-Domains.com

If you read the thread you'll see that I was complaining about no reply from directi and much more vociferously. But apparently it is domains-now.us at fault.

Thank you for unlocking the domains.

On Mar 30, 2004 10:18 AM (GMT) Tech Support Strategist Wrote:
    Hi Chagall,

Please note that as explained to you the whois even at
    http://www.10-domains.com/Whois1.asp does not show the Admin Contact Email Id for ancientfrog.com and hence we were unable to send you the approval mail.

Moreover, there is another reason for your Transfer process for other domains not proceeding now. And this is because your parent reseller domains-now.us does not have enough funds for domain registration/transfer. Hence, you are requested to either signup directly with us or ask your immediate parent to signup with us.

You can refer to http://www.directi.com/resellers/ for more details and you can also get in touch with our sales team at (email).
    So it looks like the parent reseller is out of business or something.

I get an error on trying to load the whois page at 10-domains.
    Last edited by DStar; 03-30-2004 at 03:16 PM.
    DStar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast