the planet downtime?

anyone experiencing issues?
      0 Not allowed!

i think im actually in the nac datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

If you are in NAC, then yes..there are some sort of issues happening right now. Had one server go down about 40 minutes ago briefly. Came back up. I just lost all servers we have a NAC.

Also, can anyone tell me if CPanel is with a NAC carrier? I noticed none of the WHM news on our other servers is loading and unable to connect their news server.
      0 Not allowed!

Nevermind...found my answer about the Cpanel news server...it is in NAC.
      0 Not allowed!

Updated your thread title to match

Yes, dedicatednow/pegasus is down currently.
      0 Not allowed!

This is now going past an hour. Does anyone know how I would go about getting a refund or credit from my provider (BeachComber)?

I encouter a lot of downtime with this server, but its normally always in the wee hours of the morning, but this is just ridiculous.
      0 Not allowed!

Does anyone know what's going on at DedicatedNow? I can't seem to access the forums at the moment as I'm missing some login details. But an update here on what's going on in the DC would be nice .
      0 Not allowed!

You're not missing much - if I see an update posted, I'll update here as well (I have stuff there too)
      0 Not allowed!

This is the second time they've dropped off this afternoon.
      0 Not allowed!

Just got back from the pub, and my staff tell me it's been down for gone an hour now?

What a wonderful way to start my weekend off
      0 Not allowed!

Here's the response from the first time:

From Matt:
    "There is a problem with one of our routers downstairs, that Anthony is already working on, and should be back up in a few minutes. ETA is under 30 for the entire problem, but most likely will be resolved much quicker than that."

Then from Anthony:
    "While attempting to modify an access-list to block malicious traffic destined towards vulnerable cPanel servers a CPU spike occured on our primary MSFC2; this caused a BGP Hold Time Expiration which in turned resulted in the reconvergence of our BGP announcements and routes.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and all connectivity should be fully restored at this time."

Then it dropped offline again.
      0 Not allowed!

Hopefully not speaking too soon...back up at the moment.
      0 Not allowed!

If I didn't know better, I'd be thinking that these automatic cpanel updates were bringing down pwebtech's network...
      0 Not allowed!

Sorted here now. Night chaps!
      0 Not allowed!

Andrew,
    I agree totally with you. Seems there was a mad rush to get things updated. I had problems earlier with one of these servers trying to make that update. It is mentioned that there are a flood of requests attempting to find the exploit.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep.

My NAC servers have been back up now for about 30 minutes. But servers I have in other datacenters are having trouble pulling the cPanel updates over. Probably too many requests.

Greg
      0 Not allowed!

Due to the current mass-migration of cPanel, DedicatedNOW was forced to physically reroute portions of the network to accomodate the extra traffic. During this process we experienced several issues with a spanning-tree loop and CPU spike following an access-list modification. These issues caused our BGP Hold Timer to expire with NAC, resulting in a reconvergance of our routes and announcements. We are currently working with cPanel to access their network equipment and ensure that there will be no additional network issues.

Network connectivity is currently restored, but obviously, due to the continued updates at numerous datacenters their actual servers may become saturated, resulting in slower than usual performance and updates.

If DedicatedNOW/Pegasus customers experience any further issues we ask that you submit a ticket with [email protected] so we may promptly investigate.

Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you - the issues seem resolved now, and have been for some time. Closing this one off, and we'll re-open/merge if any other issues should pop-up.
      0 Not allowed!