Is this for REAL?!

http://www.myonehome.com/service_plan.asp

600 GB Bandwidth for $30/month? Seems real fishy... this is sort of like the unlimited story, lol

Man that does sound a little fishy, I have never heard of them before..

Yes it is very believeable because it is 600MB not GB.

amd_duron, I did the same thing look at the reseller packages not the shared plans..

And 20 GB disk space to boot.

You can find many more reputable providers out there, that don't offer you the world for peanuts.

Simon

Please look under 'Webhosting for Reseller' and not shared.

er, which plan are you guys looking at, i only see 600mb of bandwidth and 200mb of space which is $30 p/year not 600gb + 20gb

Open mouth, insert foot.

ok, I see it now, and the other plan is $30 a year, but still, it is actually a reasonable plan at that, they don't really overcommit on it. But the reseller plan is insane, and I would venture as far as to say technically impossible they could make any profit from it at that price.

Originally posted by eXecution
    Please look under 'Webhosting for Reseller' and not shared.
    ooh i see now, yep, run away quickly

Originally posted by amd_duron
    But the reseller plan is insane, and I would venture as far as to say technically impossible they could make any profit from it at that price.
    I'd have to say I agree.

What baffles me, is the shared hosting seems at least a valid attempt at a sane business model, but the reseller plans are something out of a hosting horror movie, and may aswell be in the 'unlimited' category.

Simon

Originally posted by IHSL
    I'd have to say I agree.

What baffles me, is the shared hosting seems at least a valid attempt at a sane business model, but the reseller plans are something out of a hosting horror movie, and may aswell be in the 'unlimited' category.

Simon
    Couldn't agree more!

What baffles me, is the shared hosting seems at least a valid attempt at a sane business model
    I'm telling you its like one of those trick questions wives and bosses ask you...where you can't make sense either way.

Or maybe the guy went asleep while making the plans and only made the Reseller plan. Incidentally, he posts a lot in the Requests forum on Hosthideout