Cannot determine nameserver ip for ... error when try to use Add-on domain 'add'

What is wrong? I want only to register the new domain on the my hosting with CPanel. To set the new DNS-servers addresses for my registrator I needed the SOA records on the DNS-servers of my hosting provider! How can I create them if I cann't use the Add-on domains 'Add' functionality?

Depending on the settings on the server, if your domain isn't resolving to your server, you might not be able to create the add-on domain. So, a couple of questions:

1. Have you changed the nameservers in your domain to the ones your primary site are using?
    2. Are you sure they are resolving to the server? http://www.dnsstuff.com is a good site to test this, but I've noticed that it's not updated as often as https://registrar.godaddy.com/whois.asp . Look at the whois record to see if they say the proper nameservers.

If the answer to both of your questions are yes, and you still can't create the add-on domain, contact your host. They should be able to help you.

If the answer to either question is no, you can either contact your host to ask if the domain has to be pointing to their server before you can create the add-on domain, or you can wait till your domain propogates and try again then.
    Joe
    http://www.allin1websolutions.com
    All in 1 Web Solutions LLC

if you are willing to register a new domain name than it has nothing to do with CPanel.. Register it with some domain name registrar (you must have already done this ) After you have registered your domain and pointed you domain to host's nameservers.. then you can add-on from your CPanel without making any changes to DNS files provided Add-On domain are available on your CPanel. Also try asking your web hosting provider's support
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

But for changing the DNS-servers I need in the SOA records for these domains in the DNS-servers! And I can't create them with the Add-on feature!

Originally posted by basil777
    But for changing the DNS-servers I need in the SOA records for these domains in the DNS-servers! And I can't create them with the Add-on feature!
    Ok, let's step back for a second. Have you registered this domain? If so, do you have "control" over it, or was it part of the hosting package? If you don't have any control, you will need your hosts support right now. If you can login and change the settings on it, then you will need to change the nameservers the domain is pointing to. These will be the same nameservers that were in your welcome e-mail.

Once that change is in place, you'll need to wait for that nameserver change to take effect(usually 12-48 hours). That's where the GoDaddy whois link I posted above comes into play. Once that says the proper nameservers, you know the change has gotten in.

Once the domain is pointing to your server, you can create the add-on domain. You don't need any DNS-Server information at all to create an add-on through cPanel.

If you still aren't sure what you need to do, contact your host. They know the configuration of your server a lot better then I do
    Joe

I can control my domains and can change the nameservers for them. But if I will do it and the SOA records for these domains will not be found on the DNS-servers which I set as the proper ones - these changes will not take affect and the domains will not be pointed on my server!

Again, it depends on your web host and how they have the server setup. There are 2 possibilities:

1. Your domain needs to point to the server before you can create the add-on. In this case, you will need to change the nameservers for the domain to the server you are on. Once they resolve to the proper server, you can go into cPanel and create the add-on domain.

2. If the server is configured right, you can create the add-on without the domain pointing to the server yet. So, you would be able to create the add-on domain before the nameserver change on your domain resolves.

In either case, when you create the add-on domain in cPanel, it will make the necessary DNS entries so that the domain will resolve to the proper spot.
    Joe

It all depends on the host and ther setup. With one host that I use, the DNS records get edited and then at any time I can change the name server setting at the registrar and it works.

But with another account I have using cpanel, where I added some parked domains, I had to first change the name server setting at the registrar to point to the host's name servers, and then after those propogated I could go into cpanel and add the parked domains. Until the name server setting at the registrar had propogated cpanel would not let me add the parked domains.