Thread: eu.org

eu.org

I have tried to mail the people that run .eu.org now three times, and never got answers to my questions.

Maybe someone here can help me out... Does anyone here know if
    - eu.org subdomains expire if they don't get enough hits or if the registrant doesn't sign in often ?
    - one can own several .eu.org subdomains ?

read the domain policy's men

???

where do you see any policy ?

I grabbed an eu.org domain along time ago because none of the tlds were available

I've mailed them a few times for DNS changes sometimes they reply within a couple of days, but i have known it take up to 2-3 weeks, as far as i know they wont answer general questions, it's on the website somewhere that they don't do that.

There's no expiry as far as i know.

I think it's suggested that you only apply for one, not sure though.

p.s don't use it for anything important, there's a way other people can get your nameservers changed quite easily.

Waste of time.

want some free .q8.org subs

man why would anyone depend on sub domain ?

even the huge us.com uk.com etc.. i dont think its very reliable.

imagen someone offers $1,000,000+ for us.com or uk.com ? all customers POOF GONE?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Loon
    I grabbed an eu.org domain along time ago because none of the tlds were available

I've mailed them a few times for DNS changes sometimes they reply within a couple of days, but i have known it take up to 2-3 weeks, as far as i know they wont answer general questions, it's on the website somewhere that they don't do that.

There's no expiry as far as i know.

I think it's suggested that you only apply for one, not sure though.

p.s don't use it for anything important, there's a way other people can get your nameservers changed quite easily.
    what do you mean with the last thing you said ?

and you're sure there's no expiry ?

I don't think subdomains are necessarily a waste of time. They can always be useful to try soms DNS stuff out
    And a subdomain service that is lead in a good way can last longer than a real ccTLD with an unstabile organisation behind it. Who knows that maybe .eu.org or .uk.com will survive for many decades while some ccTLD's wille be long gone ?

Take for example .nl.nu - it's registered until 2032 so all registered subdomains will normally survive at least 28 more years. Who says that for example .cd will still be around ? (maybe they change names again and will have another ccTLD)

My point is that a decent subdomain service can get you a domain for many years as well, just like a "real" domain.

But I think that a subdomain should never cost as much as a real domain, so from that point of view CentralNIC are way too expensive.

Originally posted by Gerrit
    [B]what do you mean with the last thing you said ?
    I mean there's a hole in their system that lets other people change your nameservers.

and you're sure there's no expiry ?
    Not that i know of, mine still seems to work after a year.

Like i said, just don't use it for anything important, it's ok for messing about with DNS or mabye as a unique email address, but other than that, not really worth it as TC said.

Using it as a unique mail address sounds good, but there are two "but"'s :

- if the nameservers can easily be changed by other people but the "subdomain owner", then isn't it risky to give someone your @subdomain.eu.org e-mail address ? If that person tries to mail you and someone else changes your NS, then the mails sent to you may never arrive

- does eu.org allow registrations for parking or e-mail-only purposes anyway ? Many redirection services requie that you already have a website

i have eu.org domain. it is work was good.

liuxyon.eu.org

SinYu Network

www.ongod.org

i can recommend .eu.org
    i have 3 domains which work good, .eu.org dns are very reliable.

well, like someone already mentioned, sometimes they really need 2-4 weeks to activate a domain or to let changes e.g. for dns work

as i have eu.org domains for more than 2,5years i dont think that they expire.

yes , change and apply eu.org domain need very much time now.

but i like have a it .
    SinYu Network

www.ongod.org

Originally posted by raqsoft
    i can recommend .eu.org
    i have 3 domains which work good, .eu.org dns are very reliable.

well, like someone already mentioned, sometimes they really need 2-4 weeks to activate a domain or to let changes e.g. for dns work

as i have eu.org domains for more than 2,5years i dont think that they expire.
    are you allowed to have more than 1 ??

Changes of policy wouldn't bother me that much (though I prefer a no-expiry service) as long as they would send a mail to let me know about the new policies.