New Web Hosting Directory

Hello all

We are currently working on setting up a web hosting directory and I am having a small questions, which I believe members over here would be able to answer.

In this directory, we are thinking of requiring web hosting service providers to also specify the type of connection they are having, for example:

1) UUNet - GigE Connection (1000Mbps)
    2) Level 3 - GigE Connection (1000Mbps)
    3) Verio - GigE Connection (1000Mbps)
    4) Global Crossing - GigE Connection (1000Mbps)
    5) Cognet
    ... etc

Now my main questin are:

1) How willing would the web hosting companies be to add this information? (assuming that the information is kept either mandatory or optional)

2) How much helpful would this information to be end users who are looking for a reliable web hosting service provider, or would they not really care about this information being a web hosting directory?

Thank you for the support and help.

Ashley

Connectitivy is nothing without good service

Personally I think that the people who need to use hosting directories would care little or know little about the significance of the connections.

So I assume in other words, what you guys are saying is, "It is not recommended to use Connectivity option in our directory", right?

Ashley

Originally posted by AshleyMiller
    So I assume in other words, what you guys are saying is, "It is not recommended to use Connectivity option in our directory", right?

Ashley
    i dont see any point, most users wont know what it is, and quite frankly, it doesnt make much difference, I mean, I could have one server with one customer on it connected only with a T1 and that would easily outperform have mulitple 1000 Mbps connections with thousands of servers each containing thousands of customers in them.

Based on you guys recommendations we have decided not to add connectivity option for web hosting service providers and if required then maybe setup a Poll on the web site and let end users cast their vote.

Thank you for all your help.

Ashley