Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommend a Windows reseller account

Been looking at the following:

www.reseller-center.cm
    www.klooki.net
    www.crediblehost.com

My requirements are the following.
    * Unlimited domain hosting
    * Windows 2000 (don't trust 2003 just yet)
    * hsphere (but I'll use Helms if I have to)
    * between $20-$25 (less is good)

RC stated I couldn't use paysystems. I don't want users having to log into the CP in order to pay their invoices. I wonder if the rep from RC stated that Helms wasn't able to use paysystems. I don't mind placing an Order link pointing to paysystems process.

If you don't like WIn2k3 then stay away from RC.

We tried win2k3 and trashed it. You are right it sucks.. Thats why we still push win2k its rock solid.

any other suggestions?

Have you seen weberz.com, they use to do windows but not sure if its win2k or win2k3 now.

grrr ... a little too much, but i will still consider them

There is nothing wrong with 2003 if it is done right from the start, esp in HSphere.

Oh, and Weberz is Windows 2003.

Hmmm then why are so many trashing win2k3?? I have seen a great number of hosts just in the H-Sphere forums going back to win2k, thats not counting all the other forums.. Thats not counting us that had to trash it as well, I know first hand how bad that os sucks.. Its a .net platform only asp sucks in win2k3. But win2k can run .net and asp with zero issues..

There is a great deal of issues in win2k3, its stable as a OS we run it all day long for SQL, but for a web server it down right still sucks..

Vortech,

I know firsthand that it can be bad too, but setup and managed properly it works fine and without problems, but if it is not that was from the start you are in for many headaches, DON'T start in isolation mode, go right ot IIS6 mode, and you are OK, if you start then switch, you are in a lot of trouble. However, even with that, I can't say that w2k3 is BETTER than w2k at this point, I am just saying that 2003 is a good hosting platform when managed properly, from day one.

P.S. Give it a try one day, set it up in IIS6 Native mode from the start, you might be impressed with some of the speed and control it gives, but make sure you run it on quality hardware, it seems to like SCSI much better than IDE with more than 150 sites, and memory managment and site management with application pools works very well. You can put ram and cpu hard limits on certain pools, that prevents them from taking over the server if they have bad code, it works better than isolation, and is much more memory friendly.
    Last edited by (Stephen); 03-11-2004 at 11:33 PM.

Yea we did just that on one, left in IIS6 mode had issues put one back in IIS5 mode under MS super vision and is even worse. ASP no longer works and access is also out the window..

We all know how much babysitting one has to do with windows 2k/2k3. Knowing this, companies that do offer windows as a hosting plan, are they on top of the latest patches? everyone tells me to look at either matrixreseller and reseller-center. with their reputation, one would think they take security issues pretty seriously.

In my experience with both they install patches within 12-24 hours, that should not be a concern with either of them.

I'd go with CredibleHost, nice owner and good support.

I've got to agree with Vortech, win2k3 just isn't stable enough for a true hosting environment right now.

lilcam;
    I am sure both are on top of security patches, but don't expect them within 12 hours.

With windows, it is always advisable to test the patch on a non-production server first, for around 6-8 hours 'live' time. There's no worse scenario that applying the patch, and seeing some component blow the lid off it.

It is sometimes good to also keep in mind that most major security patches, are very closely followed by patches that fix the patch, so to speak.

Simon
    Last edited by IHSL; 03-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.

We have been running Win23 on one server for 5 months now error free. Have about 100 domains on it and no major issues.

Did RC say why you could not use paysystems?
    Last edited by The3bl; 03-12-2004 at 12:22 AM.

The paysystems was in regard to hsphere payment gateways only I believe, at least that is what I took that as, since rc doesn't have helm anymore it would have to be hsphere.

Ahh OK makes sense then..

Originally posted by amd_duron
    The paysystems was in regard to hsphere payment gateways only I believe, at least that is what I took that as, since rc doesn't have helm anymore it would have to be hsphere.
    But surely they must have told him about the release of HSphere 2.4 (very much imminent), which has Paysystems integrated.

Simon

It depends on what you mean by imminent however, that could be August or after before an RC is out.

Yeah I am not really pushing 2.4 features to new customers since I can't offer it until its ready.. Also win2k3 is working very well for us here. It takes a little more babysitting then win2k but well worth the effort..
    Reseller-Network.Com
    "Hosting Redefined"

Originally posted by rescenter
    Yeah I am not really pushing 2.4 features to new customers since I can't offer it until its ready.. Also win2k3 is working very well for us here. It takes a little more babysitting then win2k but well worth the effort..
    rescenter, can you confirm the following. I can charge my clients using paysystems? It's just not implemented into hsphere just yet, correct?

It depends on what you mean by imminent however, that could be August or after before an RC is out.
    I very, very, highly doubt it.

Simon

Simon,

I am just looking at the features supposed to be on 2.4 and what is there and what isn't. The currect beta is missing quite a few features, and even some of the API is not there from my understanding on some of the forum posts at psoft.

Lilcam,

yes you CAN use paysystems, it just is not integrated into the current version of hsphere. You will need to use their website or another billing software that uses a Paysystems account. And you could make a few minor changes and integrate it with hsphere once the new version is out.

Lilcam,

yes you CAN use paysystems, it just is not integrated into the current version of hsphere. You will need to use their website or another billing software that uses a Paysystems account. And you could make a few minor changes and integrate it with hsphere once the new version is out. [/B]
    thanks thats what i thought

Simon,

I am just looking at the features supposed to be on 2.4 and what is there and what isn't. The currect beta is missing quite a few features, and even some of the API is not there from my understanding on some of the forum posts at psoft.
    The current BETA (there's only one BETA to go, as stated by Igor), has most of the features they promised there would be in 2.4

Granted, some of the backbone isn't quite there yet, but it will be.

Simon

Ok, so we are looking at July before an RC or RC2, and August or September before release, that is fine with me.

At least they don't release too many untested betas like many other companies do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast