newbie with data center questions

hello,
    i am about to get a resellers account with a web host who has servers at Interserve in secaucus, N.J and Hurricaine Electric, freemont, Ca
    Do these data centers have good reputations?..his other servers are in The Planet but unfortunately they are not available.
    any input would be appreciated

Hello,

HE.NET has a decent reputation, network, and datacenter. They are also very cheap, which is a plus to some customers.

Thanks, Kyle

I would vote 'no' for interserver.

Not worth the money.
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

HE has consistently had one of the lowest ping times in my experience throughout the years. That's a plus if I were to choose among data centers.

No idea about Interserver though.

Cheers
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

As long as you're with Hurricane in Freemont they're good. Here in Chicago they're sub-par.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by sub par and post a example. Thanks.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

HE is a very good datacenter. We have colocated there, and love it
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

HE is good depending on where you pick it up. Large hub are much better than their smaller sites. Freemont and NYC would be the best place to get them. Anything mid / centeral US I would stay far away from, but I do hear they are working to make things better in those parts.