http://ophosting.net/

http://ophosting.net/ anyone know whats going on with them??!!!

been down for the whole day, ny domains all go to the control panel login page, and i have my clients allmost killing me

of course i sent an email to them, but they didn't reply yet.

please anyone know whats going on ??

even their webpage is down!

Thanks in Advance

Shanti Castillo G.

No doubt, the last couple of days have been a huge headache from them...I have had serious problems with mail and webmail especially, some hosts were pointing to the default Helm login, along with not getting any answers until every thing was "fixed"

I wrote to Billing about this and about how this is not "99.5 uptime" and NEVER got a response...this is no way to run a business!

It seems they are "owned" by FrontServer.com, however, in contact with FrontServe, they claim no responsibility to service for OPHosting...which is a shame. OPHositng has no phone number or address listed, I got this info when in the check out.

I should have know it from the beginning, their website is garbage, I have never been able to contact their IM via MSN. Plus, their support page is sad. Do I wanna watch some low res movie about how to do this or that? No! Tell me! Plus in their FAQ its spelled "Dreamveawer" What the hell! Its D-R-E-A-M-W-E-A-V-E-R!

In fact, right now, Im talking to an irrate customer of mine who cant get his mail. This is FUN!

We moved our 50+ domains to ophosting in Jan. but started having problems with email disappearing right off the bat. We worked with support for a month and they never got to the bottom of it and didn't seem too concerned. We started loosing our clients so we moved to a new reseller. After the move e-mail worked fine once again.

well i have never had any problems with email, and they seem to have had problems with their server, everything is working fine now and what it does not work they fix kinda immediately.

other than the dowmtime a couple of weeks ago i am very happy with them

yeah i admit they seem more reliable now since they did some upgrades a couple of weeks ago. Im happy to report I havent had to send any mail to support since then!

Maybe a little moaning and groaning goes a long way!

Though the down time was pretty bad I could live with it because of the price I pay and up to that point the service was good. However, they lost all my mysql data and that really really really hurt. Especially since I had no backups of the data.

They did refund me for two months though, but I was still very displeased.
    Alvin

oh man thats totally wack. No refund can cover that garbage.

hmm now i am jealous, i haven't received any refund, do i need to talk to anyone ??

i think its time to call the Sopranos

once i realized they were having major problems i just stopped emailing them because i knew they had their hands full.

they had been great before that so i had a lot of trust in them which is why i did not backup the mysql data. I even told them before they did the rebuild. please do not lose my data.

oh well, live and learn.
    Alvin

Ophosting.com is the parent company of Frontserve.com. Both share the same owners... and same backbone/servers. That's why their service goes down at the same time.

Jorge

Is this another host gone AWOL?
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I dont think so as they are saying thier sites are back up and the company was even issuing refunds so to say they are "AWOL" really isnt right.
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    Fast Affordable WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

yeah they are working really good, except for that problem (wich btw was a few months ago) i am very happy with them, i got my refund and haven't had a problem with them ever since. i am happy

btw what does "AWOL" really mean ?

Basiclly he was saying they going under
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

AWOL - absent without leave

A military term meaning you abandon your post and leave your unit. You leave without a formal request to do so.

I hope next time you guys are lucky enough to find a more stable host...
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

Thats the point this thread was started several months ago and all was corrected even refunds issued = people were happy well.. as happy as they could be I guess LoL

Bottom line nothing terrible has happened here LoL

WHT is quick to call a host dead eh

Regards,
    Lee
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

I gotta say Im much happier after being here for a while. Support from Jay has been very good and quick. The servers load ColdFusion very quick and I can't say Ive gotten any serious downtime since my earlier posts.

Also, Ive seen some changes on their website so maybe they are getting their act together as a decent reseller...although "Live Chat" on their website has never worked as far as I know...

I'm getting tired of them real fast, I thought it was a good deal, but with no live person to talk to, they went totally down this month, and now today I can't even get into my FTP account. And when you ask for a credit or something they give you the bend over and take it with a grin, but thanks for understanding additude.

I'm definatelly looking for something better, with live support this time, but I'm dreading moving all my MySQL db's over somewhere else

this is classic and everyone should hear this...

I've checked with the billing department and you will not get any credit because your account was not down more than 0.5% of the time.

Best Regards,
    Jay Baker

I'm wondering exactly how they calculate that, because it was more then .5 percent this month that we didn't have full functionality of our web services. due to back end issues.

If you're looking for hosting, keep looking, I know I'm looking for a new host for our company