* Datacities - cheap for a reason

Hey guys!

I posting because I feel like I have no other option. Maybe this thread will get their attention since I KNOW that they look over these forums.

I have an account with them and I have 5 domains hosted on that account. SINCE YESTERDAY IíVE HAD PROBLEM WITH THEM. These sites are either OSCommerce or Nuke installations. None of them seem to be communication correctly to their database.

Yesterday @ 10pm the problem seemed to solve itself because all of the sudden ALL the sites were visible. Today I log on and they off line AGAIN!

The solution seems simple enough. Log on to my reseller account and create a help ticket. There is one problem though. THAT PAGE DOSENT WORK EITHER! And since our dear friends @ Datacities have NO phone number and NO email to send support to. I canít even REQUEST TECH CUPPORT!!

Needless to say my clients are desperate and so am I. This is costing them money and if the matter is not solved today they WILL cancel their accounts.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments??

Is this in regards to datacities.com? If so, here's the info from their whois:

Administrative Contact:
    DataCities, Inc.
    Scott Gemma ([email protected])
    +1.8665726088
    FAX: +1.8665726088
    1601 West Fifth Ave #183
    Columbus, OH 43230
    US

Could consider calling that.. Sounds like mysql problems on the server that holds the support as well as your sites.
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

I'm in Puerto Rico. I can't call that number. I always get a busy signal.

datacities

I actualy manage some account with datacities and let me tell you that like any other host they can have minor downtime...

I hear your frustration but you will not find a 100% uptime host that my friend i guarantee 100%

They are pretty stable and reliable in my book when compared to others posted in WHM daily...

just my 2Ę

Try contacting them with your problem :-) I am sure they will be able to help you out.
    Saifullah Nasir (AIM: saifullah77)

There are hosts which promise and live up to 99.9% uptime. This comes out to about 8.76 hours of downtime per *year*. a day of downtime would be completely unacceptable to me.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

Haitashi,

I am sorry about the problems you have been having with Datacities. Hopefully it is a one time occurance. This is the first time I have heard of their company. Good luck and keep us posted how they handle the situation. I am sure if you need any of us from the form to help in any way we will be more than happy to.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

Sorry I missed this thread otherwise I would ahve posted this in here, but this is my recent experience with them also:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=247841

Also I would like to take this time to approve of citadel host who are also cheap and why they did have some down time there serverice was no where near as unreliable as what I ahve experienced with datacities.

Angry STILL having problems

Hey guys, thanks far all you support!!

Today it happened again - 6 hours of downtime and counting.
    I'm going to cancel my account as soon as my pages are up again.

I have been with Datacities for nearly a year and I never had any mayor problems but this is getting ridicolus. I would like to day GOOD LUCK to those people that never had any problems. I don't have any problems to report in regulalr webpages, its just the pages that use MySQL databases (I.E. Nuke, OSC).

You know whats funny. I've sometimes had to wait 12 hours for a tech support response, yet EVERY MONTH they're NEVER neglectfull to charge my credit card for their services. I have absolutely NO problem in paying for services I USE! But paying for 75% of uptime and an eternal wait for tech support..NO WAY.

99.9% of uptime and 2 hour thech support response MY BUTT!

I would like to give everybody a piece of advice. IF YOUR HOSTING COMPANY IS NOT READYLY AVAILABLE (doesn't provide a phone number, tech suppport email, etc) DON'T GO FOR IT!

P.S. Pardon if there are any gramatical errors here. Anger and frustration don't go well with typing

Exclamation

Originally posted by prepaidinc
    I actualy manage some account with datacities and let me tell you that like any other host they can have minor downtime...

I hear your frustration but you will not find a 100% uptime host that my friend i guarantee 100%

They are pretty stable and reliable in my book when compared to others posted in WHM daily...

just my 2Ę
    I know and understand that. But they have a beautiful platinum icon that says 99.9% uptime guarantee. THEY GUARANTEE IT. They also guarantee 2 hour tech support response and thatís not happening either.

Iím glad you havenít had any problems and I wish you good luck. I loved this host, until in needed tech support from them.

Well actually, I didnít need tech supportÖ..I needed tech support to tell THEM that THEY have MySQL problems, not me. In other words Iím just demanding that they solve their issues and provide me with services that I pay for, and THATíS no happening either.

Iím paying for downtime with no fault of my own. But what I really admire is that they are wise enough to hide their phone number so that all the angry customers that they have donít ring the phone off the hook. Smart thinking!

(sorry for the crosspost..)

Wow, this forum really is weird. I had typed a whole long post, after pressing "submit" I get some dumb error that I'm not allowed to post URLs (didn't even try!) and my whole post is gone!

Well, in short..

I'm with Crapacities a couple of months now, and last week indeed has been a nightmare.
    When I asked about the "why" of the downtime, Scott M. Gemma said to me (after I was lucky enough to actually be able to reach the Lpanel (down 90% of the time)) that it was because of a memory upgrade. Well, guess what? 2GB BEFORE upgrade...and...after the "upgrade"....2GB...

Also, on their site/network.php, they state that w6 (the server I'm on) has a 100% uptime...well that's the biggest ******** I've ever seen!

Looking for alternatives now, any suggestions for a good host? About same package as I have now, only more QUALITY...

Hey TonD!
    I'm on w6 myself and I'm a hosting reseller. Indeed it has been a nightmare. These past two weeks I've asked for tech support more that 9 times, all with the same problem: Any application using MySQL (I.E. Nuke, OSC, etc.) couldn't communicate with its appropriate database. Iíve gotten 3 different reasons for my problems, upgrades being one of them.

I used to work for a hosting company and I know that there are steps you can take to minimize the impact of upgrades on your clients. And if there is a chance that the services may be affected, TELL YOU CLIENTS FIRST. That way they can be prepared and take any steps necessary. Thatís called having good business sense. It's also having good business ethics.

Thanks to their irresponsible behavior I ALMOST LOST A CLIENT!! Thank God I have a good relationship with my clients and their trust in me paid off when their web pages where down.

I'm gonna change to Thrillhost on Monday...I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

KEEP AWAY FROM DATACITIES....YOU'LL THANK ME LATER

I had some domains hosted at datacities also. Today, it looks like they have all vanished; no email, nothing; tech support unavailable; anyone have any updates on their service?

Jim

Angry

They are unbelievable. I signed up in late February and have opened 18 support tickets.
    I am a network consultant and decided (mistakenly) to get into the hosting business for an add on service. I signed up with Datacities and the down time is every couple days at best. I've lost one client whom I billed over $4k with last year in technical support over this web site. Shame on me for not doing my homework in more detail.
    Downtime is something that can be mitigated with proper administration .. something Datacities needs to learn.
    I too have been unavailable today without explanation.

I've been with them about six months. Got a pretty good deal on a reseller account. Had some troubles getting started but it's been fine ever since. Now this happens. They should have at least warned everyone that they were moving their servers around for cripes sakes! So open up a ticket and hopefully you will get back up. That's what I did and I'm okay...for now.

I finally am back up. The problems I had started at the first of March. I was on w10 server. Tickets rarely get answered in a timely manner.
    It is just extemely disappointing to me. I have people that rely on me, and they just don't understand downtime to this degree.

Are you moving to another company? I've started some sites on Hostgator, but am nervous with the whole industry.

* FREE @ LAST!!

madreseller I HIGHLY RECOMEND MY NEW HOST!!!

I FINALLY GOT A CLUE AND TRANSFERRED ALL MY DOMAINS TO ANOTHER HOST. IíVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR THREE MONTHS AND I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

I CANíT BELIEVE I FOUND A GREAT HOST WITH A FAIR PRICE! NOT SURPRISINGLY AT ALL, I FOUND IT AT THE WEB HOST TALK RESELLER DIRECTORY. THEY'RE CALLED THRILL HOST (.com) AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM.

I'M HAPPY TO REPORT 100% UPTIME SINCE I STARTED WITH THEM. THEYíRE A DREAM COME TRUE!

BYE BYE FOREVER 'HELLA'CITIES!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~DATACITES CANCELATION CONFIRMATION~~
    Dear #########,

Your account, #######.com, has been cancelled for the following reason(s):

Canceled weeks ago due to down-times.

If you have not authorized this account cancellation please contact [email protected] right away.

Thanks for using DataCities as your hosting provider. Please consider us in the future (YEAH, RIGHT!) if you should need data storage services.

Thanks and take care.

Sincerely,
    DataCities, Inc.
    Accounts Department
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then...Why worry about it?

Re: FREE @ LAST!!

I know datacities had some problems in the past and not all of it was entirely datacities fault.

However since we moved to a new datacenter and new servers we have improved our service and support 110%

I would ask around some more before making your decision madreseller.
    Regardless of who you decided to go with.
    Frank C.
    Sr. Systems Engineer / Developer
    Datacities.com

Gidday,

I know little about datacities, but I'm assuming they run on Cpanel/WHM? The problem with MySql is not unique with datacities, it fact it has hit a whole lot of servers running Cpanel. Its an issue with MYSql under Cpanel 9.X. A certain set of Cpanel builds have a bug which is causing MySql to overload.

It happened on my webhost last wekk and they updated me on the situation within an hour. For more information visit: forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?p=126608&posted=1

All the best,

Justin

As dcfrank stated Datacities has been solid since the new server allocation and datacenter migration. I run and manage many accounts with Datacities. We are very happy and will continue to support them as they do us.

As someone stated above that no host is 100% but thus far DC is coming close!

Sounds like MySQL completely crashed on their server, are your databases still showing up when you log into cPanel?
    ččSHAW NETWORKSõõ Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans õõ 24/7/365 Live Technical Support čč
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Re: FREE @ LAST!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haitashi
    [B]madreseller I HIGHLY RECOMEND MY NEW HOST!!!

I FINALLY GOT A CLUE AND TRANSFERRED ALL MY DOMAINS TO ANOTHER HOST. IíVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR THREE MONTHS AND I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

I CANíT BELIEVE I FOUND A GREAT HOST WITH A FAIR PRICE! NOT SURPRISINGLY AT ALL, I FOUND IT AT THE WEB HOST TALK RESELLER DIRECTORY. THEY'RE CALLED THRILL HOST (.com) AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM.

I'M HAPPY TO REPORT 100% UPTIME SINCE I STARTED WITH THEM. THEYíRE A DREAM COME TRUE!

BYE BYE FOREVER 'HELLA'CITIES!!

---------------------------------------

HELLO looks like thrillhost.com and auticasb.com is the same company with 2 websites and 2 names. What do you guys think???

DAVE

Wink Happy Anniversary to a Happy Customer!

Has it really been more that a year since I started this thread? IT HAS!

Well, Dave, Iím happy to say that even with the two names/websites, Thrill Host has been a blessing. Their response time in uncanny, their phone support is awesome (al though their techs are sometimes a little slow to understand me). I feel safe with them and my clients feel safe with me.

Like I said, itís been over a year and I couldnít be happier. Weíve had downtimes, itís to be expected, but they were quick to respond with reasons; also, quick to resolve the matter.

Highly, again, HIGHLY recommended provider.

VISIT THEM BY CLICKING HERE
    If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then...Why worry about it?

THRILL HOST 1 YEAR REVIEW