thieves are annoying

Ok, so here's my story. I'm on vacation, so I've been relaxing at home and doing things around here since saturday. I haven't have to drive anywhere, but today I was leaving to visit my mother and when I got to her house..low and behold..I have no license plates! Great, right? So, I drive back here (1 hour both ways) and pass 4 troopers. Luckily, they were all on the other side of the highway and didn't notice. I'm home now, but I don't dare leave as I'll probally end up with a ticket if a cop see's me.

My friends are all at work/unavailable (never anyone around when you need them) so I'm stuck here unable to get to the police department to file for larconey and get new plates. Bah. What an annoyance.

Better file that report soon in case someone wants to rob a store using your plates.... then those troopers will be looking for you
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Re: thieves are annoying

Originally posted by 1stStrike
    Ok, so here's my story. I'm on vacation, so I've been relaxing at home and doing things around here since saturday. I haven't have to drive anywhere, but today I was leaving to visit my mother and when I got to her house..low and behold..I have no license plates! Great, right? So, I drive back here (1 hour both ways) and pass 4 troopers. Luckily, they were all on the other side of the highway and didn't notice. I'm home now, but I don't dare leave as I'll probally end up with a ticket if a cop see's me.

My friends are all at work/unavailable (never anyone around when you need them) so I'm stuck here unable to get to the police department to file for larconey and get new plates. Bah. What an annoyance.
    Get in your car, drive down to the police department (also kinda hard pressed to believe they wouldnt take this type of report over the phone) and then go to the DMV to get new plates. If you get pulled over, explain the situation and you'll be fine.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I called the police department and the officer told me that he wouldn't send a ride for me, and that he wouldn't take it over the phone as they need a photo ID.

but you have a phone .. no? at least you are in the net. can you email the police station and tell what happened?
    gia

Why can't you drive to the department and if you get stopped - explain that you're going to the police to report stolen plates.

Radv made a very important suggestion - better report it as soon as possible!
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

remember that police officers are human... and humane
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Even if you were to get a ticket for no plates, since it's easy to prove that you do actually have them charges would be dropped anyway if you went to court with your registration and the police report or DMV form.

But in reality you're not likely to be ticketed for it as long as you do have your registration with you and tell the story.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Well, I just got back. I decided to leave and go find the police station and DMV myself. I'm new to the area, so I had NO clue where they were. I asked a cop for directions, and you guys were right. They didn't mind. Just told me where to go. Then, I got lost. So, look..another cop! I ask him for directions and finally make it there. I go through the whole process of getting everything and the screws they give me..don't fit my car! So I have to go back to the DMV (I was parked 1/2 a mile away because there was no place to park) and get some screws that fit then run back.

So, tada..new plates..and a record high blood pressure count 0_o

lol..

kind of sad to steal someones plates.

I have seen people put their "EZ-PASS" on their bumper before.. been wondering about if that was a smart idea..

for those of you who dont know..
    EZ-PASS is a way to go through tolls w/o paying, they bill you later.

iPass in Illinois