Best and Worst Webhosts?

Can everyone post who they feel is the best (or one of the best) webhosts, as well as who you think is the worst? I'm looking for a new webhost, and want some ideas.

Worst - HostRocket - lots of downtime, support not good.

Best - FluidHosting - www.fluidhosting.com. They rarely have any downtime at all, and their support is great.

Can't give any opinions of the best, as I've never used anyone but myself...

Worst: WestHost, APlus (Both of those are from personal experience), and any web host that offers Unlimited Transfer/BW or HD space.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

First you would have to define what you mean by "best".
    The cheapest host?
    The host with the best support?
    Or certain features?

Not everyone seeks the same....

Might be a bit dated, but I'm sure many recommendations in the following thread still apply.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=93699

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Re: Best and Worst Webhosts?

Originally posted by Nikki712
    . . . I'm looking for a new webhost, and want some ideas. . .
    That's easy. But to ask for best and worse is too subjective. What was worst for me, may have been best for you.

I'd stick to asking for recommendations.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Okay, what I'm looking for when I say "best" is quality of service and uptime. Feature-rich hosts are good too.

It's possible to make a worse mistake than going with Dot5 Hosting, but you'll probably need to be on drugs first.

HostRocket gets my vote

I'd say worst is any kind of small business run by one guy, especially some teenager. I did this once, because it was cheap, and my site was always down, and then poof! It dissappeared. Best host IMHO is Hostingplex.

Massimof, do you have a reason to believe that Hosingplex is the best.

The domain in your sig is with Pinnacle Hosting. Do you host any with Hostingplex?

I'd say worst is any kind of small business run by one guy, especially some teenager. I did this once, because it was cheap, and my site was always down, and then poof! It dissappeared. Best host IMHO is Hostingplex.
    Massimof, do you have a reason to believe that Hosingplex is the best.
    The domain in your sig is with Pinnacle Hosting. Do you host any with Hostingplex?
    Oh no! Not again!

Don't get me wrong Blue27, you're right in asking for a reason... But I sure hope this doesn't turn into a thread that becomes a muse for another writer.

Me too Idcdc, I agree, but I gotta call 'em as I see 'em.

WORST = MYMARKDOWN-COM
    BEST = EV1SERVERS.NET

Well.. i am looking for a site-o-meter to check a hosts rank....
    And if you feel the number of sites hosted matter www.webhosting.info is a good place to find out
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

One I've used a long time ago: FeaturePrice (bleh!)

Originally posted by domainwala
    Well.. i am looking for a site-o-meter to check a hosts rank....
    And if you feel the number of sites hosted matter www.webhosting.info is a good place to find out
    How would that help.

If a host has many servers and generic name servers then they will have no idea how many site the host, host...

That tells you diddly squat.

As has been said here many times there is no best host on the host that is best for you.

1dollare host is realy bad

I've never had a good one.

I've had so many bads ones that I forget them all. I define "bad" though as a hefty amount of downtime, not responding to my emails, and not giving me any answer when my site was down for days.

I don't think this thread is a good idea, gona turn into a flame fest!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blue27
    [B]Massimof, do you have a reason to believe that Hosingplex is the best.

blue27, I see a trend here, don't you think it is odd the only opinion you challenge is the Hostingplex one?

I come on WHT and do a search for Hostingplex, you're always in on it and many/all of your posts I see to a thread happen after the keyword Hostingplex is there... no need to elaborate on that.

Just an observation, its late maybe I am crazy, but I feel targeted for no legitimate reason... but not threatened, as Iíve said before most customers are aware the flame throwers are pulled out often on in forums and will research further then some silly posts... the level of bias here is tremendous.

I enjoy WHT, it is very comedic at times...and threads can get very emotional... Hostingplex seems to bring lots of controversy ranging from the alleged inhouse/paid reviews through to overselling discussions... I know you guys love it and brings some form excitment to your day when you get to post on a hostingplex thread... you just need to be quick before its closed!

You're Welcome!
    Kevin

Originally posted by HostQuest
    I don't think this thread is a good idea, gona turn into a flame fest!
    No doubt about it.
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

My vote for worst is Web Hosting Network. Service is marginal but what makes them the worst is you really have to keep an eye on your credit card statement for over charges. They billed me twice for one-year plans within a month and they billed me twice for one-quarter of service in a month. Bad hosts can be an inconvenience but Web Hosting Network will try to steal you blind and I think that's worse.

I think the worst hosting is lycos.Their ad is very large.
    and the free hosting is not so good.

Before I cracked into the business, I tried out many, many hosts, and from my experience, Featureprice goes down in the record books as the worst host of all time, but I'm sure everybody knows that.

I had a really positive experience with Steve at VSTech, but that would just be wrong of me to plug one of my good friends , and I don't think he's officially launched yet anyways.

I've heard www.lunarpages.com and www.netfirms.com are really good hosts, I've never tried them personally though.

I've had an account with Webaxxs.net for over 6 years, and am very happy with it. Have a couple of other accounts there for a bit less time. They are a subsidiary of OLM.net. Very little down time and good 24/7 phone support (email support can be a bit slow). They are not the very cheapest, but are still pretty cheap for the features.

WHT has the host quote button.

To save electrons they should add a "diddly squat" button. If you want to know the very worst, I'm sure a number of members will be glad to send their list if you will just leave your addy.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

Cool

Worst : Exovian Internet Services
    Best : HTTPME

28. HTTPME is the BEST.
    BannersMall.com - Banner Design
    Custom Twitter Backgrounds and Facebook Fan Pages - CraftSocialMedia.com

Worst: xAvia / BBNET / StandByYou (Went through sevral name changes )

Best: http://www.Raine-Tech.com
    --

Originally posted by HP-Kevin
    blue27, I see a trend here, don't you think it is odd the only opinion you challenge is the Hostingplex one?
    Sounds like someone is a little paranoid here. I challenge many opinions regarding many hosts. If you were to read all the posts instead of just the ones that turn up on a search for your company you would know that.

Just an observation, its late maybe I am crazy, but I feel targeted for no legitimate reason... but not threatened, as Iíve said before most customers are aware the flame throwers are pulled out often on in forums and will research further then some silly posts... the level of bias here is tremendous.
    What bias are you referring to? I see dozens of reputable hosting companies on here that never get flamed. Shouldn't that tell you something Kevin? If it were me, I might just wonder to myself, what am I doing wrong here that would make people question my ethics.
    Maybe it's just that the reputable hosts here don't see the need to send people who may or may not be clients here to make gratuitis comments about their hosting.

I know you guys love it and brings some form excitment to your day when you get to post on a hostingplex thread... you just need to be quick before its closed!
    You are right. Hostingplex threads do tend to get closed quickly. Don't you find that odd? Don't you also find it odd that many of the hostinplex supporters in these threads have the custom title of "Account Disabled"?