Transfering from Godaddy... how?

Hello guys,

I have heard so many horrifying thing about godaddy around here and yes, they somehow block cc from my country (Indonesia). Is it possible to transfer my domain to another registrar (say... enom or other enom registrar? I heard they don't have this 'country' policy...)? -- because I heard that transfering away from godaddy is waaaay hard.... is it true?

Thanks in advance

This is easy, go to the registrar of your choice. Initiate a transfer FROM that registrar. Make sure the domain name is unlocked and you have access to the email contacts. That should be all you need to get the name transferred over.
    Domain Maven

Okay then. Thanks

Godaddy isn't that bad. For the price, they are pretty good.

They are not that great(from experience)
    Domain Maven

Well... most of eNom reseller has the same or not-so-far in price difference (I don't mind spending another dollar). The problem is... they start banning countries while eNom does not have that policy.

Thumbs down Re: Transfering from Godaddy... how?

Originally posted by ozzie123
    Hello guys,

I have heard so many horrifying thing about godaddy around here and yes, they somehow block cc from my country (Indonesia). Is it possible to transfer my domain to another registrar (say... enom or other enom registrar? I heard they don't have this 'country' policy...)? -- because I heard that transfering away from godaddy is waaaay hard.... is it true?

Thanks in advance
    that's true. i'm from the philippines and i experienced bad godaddy service. they blocke my country without informing when i am a legitimate customer of theirs using valid and legal card. now i cannot access godaddy site to manage or disable or transfer my domains. they won't answer your queries when you email them for support or assistance either, they just ignore you and steal your money through their automatic billing system (which you cannot disable because you cannot access their secure sites now).

so many godaddy thread these days.

cheap is ok, support is nice (some agree some dont) but blocking existing customers ? wow how bad.

atleast let them access the management interface without any renew/purchase option!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi