Thread: Quickbooks?

Quickbooks?

I got a customer that uses quickbooks but he is complaining that it only works on one computer. Shouldn't there be a hostable database file? I would lik to host the database for him. Has anyone messes with this at all?

I believe the license for this product allows one install? Network install licenses are for sale, I think...check with Intuit.

Both computers are licensed. I called intuit and it was a huge waste of time. The guy told me he had no clue how all he said was "create a server file"

Mix,

If they have the proper license then you wouldn't need to install it on the server just the database files. The client would need to map to the IP that you provide so they can access it.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

thanx

I used QB Pro for a while, there are varying levels of the program, not sure which one you need but there is one that allows multiple computers to use the same database.

They have multiple versions for just about everything, I had to sign up for a monthly lease license if I wanted to use their payroll options for example.
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001
    http://www.dynanet.ca/

Product activation

This is exactly why any software product that uses activation has to be avoided.

I understand it's your customer who chose it not you, but you're the one who seems to be dealing with the problems by supporting it.