2 final questions before register some domains

I've been snooping to the forums quite a long time and i feel i know already so many things than before... Thanks all of you for that and especially http://www.webhostingtalk.com!!!

Now the questions:

1) Which one to go with? Godaddy Or Registerfly? Please provide some comments regarding each one of your preferences.

2) How is Registerfly offer "domain info protection" so much cheaper than Godaddy? Anyone using these services, or anyone heard something about the accuracy of both these services?

Thanks again, Jimmy.

There is a thread here on how Godaddy locked a lot of people out of their domains because they live in the wrong country. I wouldn't go with a company like that on principle...

I have used both and I prefer Godaddy over RegisterFly. Do a search here on both names and see for yourself what others have to say. Personally, I like having my own eNom account because of the easy pushes, versatility, and flexibility. If you buy, trade, barter, etc domain names then nothing beats eNom. If you are going to buy one or two domains then why waste ten hours on WHT to save $1 when any reseller or accredited registrar can serve your needs. The real question comes down to customer service and value added services.

the problem is that despite i have done my research in the forums i didn't find any registrar or reseller to satisfy my needs.
    The best one would be a combination of both registerfly and godaddy but i had no luck spotted something close to that combination yet!
    I like godaddy because it has fair prices and offering the basic feautures BUT i also like registerfly because even if its a bit more expensive, provides much more basic features PLUS the "whois info protection" at the market's lowest price (but it is not a registrar like godaddy).
    So, while i've heard the best and worse about both of them, I thought about asking someone of you to advice me what is the best thing to do. Godaddy or Registerfly? OR SOMETHING ELSE I HAVE NOT COSIDER???

Originally posted by Lubeca
    There is a thread here on how Godaddy locked a lot of people out of their domains because they live in the wrong country. I wouldn't go with a company like that on principle...
    Yes, i've read about that. You must be the guy from Romania. What can i say? I'm allready confused...

Godaddy is cheaper on pricing but there are a lot of downsides mainly the amount of ads you need to go through to register names( a huge amount of upselling they do), a pretty bad domain push interface, but once again the pricing is cheap

RegisterFly slightly more expensive but more features and a much better interface for managing yours or your clients domains. I have the Protectfly service on about 100 names and it works well. It is identical to the other services but much cheaper. There is no reason to pay 9.00 at one service if you can get it for .99.
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    Godaddy is cheaper on pricing but there are a lot of downsides mainly the amount of ads you need to go through to register names( a huge amount of upselling they do), a pretty bad domain push interface, but once again the pricing is cheap
    Ditto, the ugly domain transfer process/rules was one of the reasons I moved away from GoDaddy.

There is also discussion about them blocking certain countries. You should factor that in if you are lviing in a country that they have blocked.
    Domain Maven

Re: 2 final questions before register some domains

Originally posted by snoopi

1) Which one to go with? Godaddy Or Registerfly?
    both are bad news. getting an enom reseller account might be your best bet.

Re: Re: 2 final questions before register some domains

Originally posted by snoop
    both are bad news. getting an enom reseller account might be your best bet.
    I'm starting to agree with you and reconsidering my "final" thoughts. Even better I'm thinking about creating an Enom reseller account for registering my domains only.