What is the real way to get your website on google's index?

I have used tools, contacted google, used adwords, everything. My meta tags are perfect according to the search engine tools I have used, my site is ranked 18,000 on alexa, but still when I do a search for the content of my site you only see the huge major coorporation websites listed. So what really determines how good search engines spider your page? Due to how long your site has been popular? Thanks

Links to other pages... but more important links FROM lots of other pages.

That and some time, and you may get lucky in the next google dance.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

hmm, well I have over 1000+ people linking to my site from forums, banners, etc. My site has been up for a year and a half, I supposse it takes longer?

what kind of site is it?
    it sounds like your doing everything you can do.

maybe its just hard keywords.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Re: What is the real way to get your website on google's index?

Originally posted by lexington
    I have used tools, contacted google, used adwords, everything. My meta tags are perfect according to the search engine tools I have used
    Google doesn't really like tools. it depends on the tools - some of them try to take advantage of Google and this could get the site banned. adwords do not affect search results or rankings at all. meta tags do not matter to Google.

the #1 most important thing, in theory, is quality and relevance of CONTENT. if you have a site with lots of high quality content that people are looking for, Google WANTS you.

when I do a search for the content of my site you only see the huge major coorporation websites listed.
    do you mean that your site IS indexed but does not rank high enough for your main keywords? those keywords are probably too broad. you need to compete in a niche.

links have been overrated for a very long time. links without context are meaningless and you are wasting your time. sure, they do work sometimes. but Google's official word is that your time is much better spent improving your site and providing lots of quality content.

contact me if you'd like to talk more. hope this helps
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

Have you added your site to the dmoz categories? I did that and after a while I got googled. I don't have top ranking sites, but at least I'm being googled.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Thanks, Sizzly. You saved me the effort of all that typing.

Very well said. Great advice.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Google will arte your site alot higher if you have a few sites linking to you which are listed in google helps alot!

Originally posted by websterworld
    Links to other pages... but more important links FROM lots of other pages.

That and some time, and you may get lucky in the next google dance.

Best,
    Eugene.
    Exactly. Link exchange programs are the best way to go.

Can you provide a link to your site lexington so we can check it out? I design websites on the side, might be able to find out what the problem is.

having trouble?

if you are having trouble getting you website on the google search engine, then go to nurple.com/graphics then move to the bottom of that section and look for add url. It will bring up the list of search engines. Then pick google and then do all the other stuff. This is all free.

let me know if it helps.

Interesting,ill have to remember this "if you are having trouble getting you website on the google search engine, then go to nurple.com/graphics then move to the bottom of that section and look for add url. It will bring up the list of search engines." Pretty usefull!!!!!!

The Dude

There are many ways and there is no one single answer.

DMOZ is very important to get listed in Google (although after you're listed in DMOZ it can still take 6 months to get in Google as Google only update their directory a few times a year).

Links from other sites are important too as that is the heart of the page rank system.

Also getting linked from sites with a high page rank already will push your page rank up too.

Also make sure that the content of your page is relevant and in text i.e. having your entire front page as a JPG image when it could be in text serves only to harm your search engine listings.

I didn't quite understand it. Is your website indexed by google and just have a low rating or it is not even listed and doesn't have any PR? If it it's not listed after such a long time, it must have been banned due to the overuse of the SEO tools. You can't really tell what it comes to SE it's a kind of majic to get your site listed in the top 10...

If you type in link:yourdomain.com in to goole show how many sites linking to you, try to get that number up over 100.

link: used to be quite accurate, but it's pretty awful these days. Sites I know link to me and have a pagerank used to be displayed but after the 'florida' update late last year the link: results became simply awful.

Success of people finding your business offline: Location, Location, Location

Success of business finding your business online: Content, Content, Content

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet....
    Make sure your code is crisp and clean.

I agree that the link: results are not accurate.
    Congrats on the 18,000 alexa rank.