- found out urchin wasn't running so i went to ssh and started it.
- tried to login with the instructions from my welcome email from servermatrix. didn't work. so i tried with the default login i found from the urchin website and it was good
- found out that it's not licensed and when i tried to install the re-configured license which servermatrix should have installed, it asked me for a serial number which servermatrix did not give me.
- i shutdown urchin again since i couldn't set the password to another until the license is installed.
end of a bad story.
i'll contact sm now to find out about the license which should have come free when i signed up with them.