Server Issue/Question

Here is my problem.
    I have a client located in the Chicago Area and he at times have trouble viewing his page. The thing is that my monitoring programs all display no downtime so i asked him for a trace route and he gave me the trace route and it is clearly stated " Request Timed Out" I also asked him to include the ping results, however these display that he is getting no packet lose and that he is getting 19ms.

However he cannot, at times only, view his page and he is not the only one with this issue. A few buddies of his who are again in the Chicago Area have the same problem.

Does anyone know what this problem could be caused from or if anyone is currently having this problem with one of their clients ?

I have thought at first it was related to something with the dns but this does not seem to be the issue.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly apreciated

What is the last viewable hop before he receives "Request timed out"? It could be bad routing from your server to his computer, or his ISP.
    John Kata

Sounds like a problem a lot of people I know have had.. and its usually:

Having ns1 and ns2 A records in the domain config file for the nameserver domain.

Once they are in there pages resovle properly for everyone. You probably already have them, but its a problem I've seen a lot of people have and fail to check these A records.
    Web design London - Ideal Websites

Originally posted by inFused
    What is the last viewable hop before he receives "Request timed out"? It could be bad routing from your server to his computer, or his ISP.
    I wouldnt think it would be is ISP because more then one person in the chicago area is having this problem.

Originally posted by eniki
    Sounds like a problem a lot of people I know have had.. and its usually:

Having ns1 and ns2 A records in the domain config file for the nameserver domain.

Once they are in there pages resovle properly for everyone. You probably already have them, but its a problem I've seen a lot of people have and fail to check these A records.
    Could this be possible, even if it still works for people that are not in the chicago area ?

I was meaning that it could be the routing to the actual Chicago area, not ISP specific.

Example:

-Server- (LA, CA)

Hop A (Seattle, WA)
    Hop B (Columbus, Ohio)
    Hop C (Chicago, IL) <-- one experiencing problems
    Hop D (ISP peering point)
    ---- Individual ISPs ----

Edit: Example cities used
    John Kata