Exclamation Looking for a new job Please Read

i really wish to do somthing else other then work at the internet cafe. not saying that cafes are bad but i wish to do more.

i was looking on monster.com for listings, and many other sites.

i have applyed at many stores walmart, office depot, cosco, carls jr, target, andy dump and so on. but theres nothing.

i was talking to a few people and they say that its who you know so im asking here if any one knows people that are hiring.

i do goto school
    8am to 2pm Monday tho Friday
    Weekends are open, mornings evenings nights
    Weekdays after 2pm and enouf time to get to the place.

im 18 turning 19 in the end of june this year
    im a US citizen
    i live in California (91343)

im not limiting the job ill almost taking anything
    i can lift more then 100 pounds, i like to work with people, willing to learn new things, i can follow verbal instructions, i know MANY basic computer skills, and some ADV skills (linux, win32, networking, LANs, Troubleshooting, some HTML and php), i like hard labor, i do believe that you should work hard. --not my resume--

im working on a better resume`

Thank you for reading.
    Jeremy <<snipped>>

sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, but i thought more people would see my post here in the WebHostingTalk Lounge.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-08-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Just a quick thought... but maybe people are skipping over your resume because of your bad grammar?

I'm not perfect when it comes to grammar, but I at least make an effort, and run everything through a spell checker.

well i do i had people check it for me as well and i give it to my teachers. thats the first thing i do when i have somthing very important to turn in.

thx you

I hope you get fixed up with something but with such bad grammar and spelling it is not likey to do you any favours.

If your teacher checked this over for you I would be pretty upset with them. Unless of course they are teaching Motor Vehicle Maintenance ..in which case this is about right.

Simon

this is not my resume, i hope u know

i just asking the people here if they have any leads for me becasue the job world is very hard right now, and most or some of you allready know.

i know i have spelling problems but this is not my resume`.

I'm surprised you didn't hear a response from any of the retail jobs. I had an interview 4 or 5 days after applying at Target and began working a week after the interview. Retail jobs are generally very easy to get as most retail employees are so disposable (easy to find and replace), unfortunately.

It was easy to find the job at Target. My boyfriend and I sat down with a notepad and a pen and made a list of ALL of the places we could think of that I could (and was willing to) work at. They had to be places that were open late or at least had people working overnight (I can't work during the day except on weekends), so I had a lot of retail stores listed. After that, we went to all of their websites or called directory assistance and collected phone numbers for each store (multiple locations for some of them), and then we went through and called them all and asked if they were hiring. The ones that weren't hiring, we crossed off the list, and the ones that were (or who were always accepting applications), I went down and filled out an application. I actually only ended up going to 4 stores - 1 gave me the application to take home, which I never did finish that, and the others, including Target, either had their applications on the computers in their store or I filled it out right there.

You just have to keep trying and keep looking. I'm sure you will find something

If you aren't looking for a retail job, then it will be a lot more difficult. After you perfect your resume, look in the newspaper, online -- anywhere. Call them up and ask if they are hiring. Fax or submit your resume in person and just keep nagging them until you get an interview if you know you can do the job.

Try http://losangeles.craigslist.org too.

ill do that ll write on on a note pad as well and get all the places i wish to work at.

i like that link u sent is cool. thank you much for the ideas.

Since your here on the Hosting forums, why don't you try to make a little cash on web hosting as sales rep, support tech, or even get yourself a reseller package?

... because people are not inclined to do business with people who butcher their native language in this manner, perhaps?

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

your mested up!
    dam just not cool.

u really know how-to put people down.