Question Just a question about Server Matrix

Hi,
    i wanted to ask you if Server Matrix has a personal datacenter.
    (I 'm looking for a dedicated server that has a great connection from Italy).

Let me know what you think about this hosting provider.

Thanks

Server Matrix is the sister of Theplanet.com they have a great connection.
    http://www.theplanet.com/datacenters/infrastructure.php
    There datacenter is in Dallas, Texas.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Getting off topic however: Why Texas? Ev1, SM, and lots of others are all in texas. I dont see why Texas is home to so many datacenters. I mean, why would you want to put a whole bunch of servers that have to stay at a cooler temperature in a place that has a High temperature? I dont see why Illinois or Ohio or Nebraska aren't home to more datacenters. I am pretty sure there are quite a few reputable carriers through those states.

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    Getting off topic however: Why Texas? Ev1, SM, and lots of others are all in texas. I dont see why Texas is home to so many datacenters. I mean, why would you want to put a whole bunch of servers that have to stay at a cooler temperature in a place that has a High temperature? I dont see why Illinois or Ohio or Nebraska aren't home to more datacenters. I am pretty sure there are quite a few reputable carriers through those states.
    Maybe it's cost effective,

Servercentral.com, FDCservers.net, ntsource.com, internetchicago.com: Chicago
    Nocster/Burstnet: Pennsylvania
    Managed.com: California
    Superbservers.net: Washington
    Nac.net: New Jersey
    He.net: San Jose
    So, on and so on.
    Last edited by cloudrck; 03-10-2004 at 07:06 PM.

Why Texas?
    Because All major carriers run through Texas, it is stable geographic area and has even ping time and latency because it is between east and west coasts.

Hostspeedy try them and in short time you will come back to thank us, dont use them for spam, as far as you go by SM AUP you are safe.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Ok!
    Thank you everybody!

Originally posted by Trigger
    Because All major carriers run through Texas, it is stable geographic area and has even ping time and latency because it is between east and west coasts.
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    Linux/CPanel/WHM Tutorials & How-Tos
    Dedicated Server Tutorials

Ok, is there anything WRONG with Nebraska? I know that there are also quite a few carriers that have points(the real term is mentally blocken) in Lincoln. I have nothing wrong with texas, however it seems inefficient to have servers in such a hot place.

Ok, is there anything WRONG with Nebraska? I know that there are also quite a few carriers that have points(the real term is mentally blocken) in Lincoln. I have nothing wrong with texas, however it seems inefficient to have servers in such a hot place.
    Texas isn't hot 24/7, but still
    Thats why there's air conditioners & other cooling systems. There's a few carriers in Nebraska. Why don't you start a DC.

I like their servers, good uptime, good support. No complaint about them at all. Go for it I would say. I'm a proud reseller of 'm myself: ****************.net

Many providers are in Texas because it is one of two places in North America (I forget where the other is) that Lloyd's of London will sell property insurance - think about it: void of natural disasters, flooding, etc.

That makes no sense at all. Texas is able to get hit by hurricanes and is in tornado alley.

And thats why you have insurance

i heard the only insured NOC is rackspace which is insured from earthquakes?

btw NY is good place since europe/rest of the world goes via NY to any place in states, thats why NY is so nice for me like nlayer/abovenet
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by saminuske
    Many providers are in Texas because it is one of two places in North America (I forget where the other is) that Lloyd's of London will sell property insurance - think about it: void of natural disasters, flooding, etc.
    Wow.

Texas was the site of the most deadly flood and hurricane in recent US history (1960s), and was host also of the most deadly hurricane ever recorded, killing an estimated 10k people (1900s).

Almost all those deaths were caused not by the hurricane winds, but the intense flooding (well, also, that people in tx hadn't been hit by a hurricane that bad and didn't think it necessary to prepare).

Plus almost every hurricane that hits tx spawns 20-200 tornadoes around the state...

Texas is not devoid of natural disasters. I'm not sure what would even have given you this idea.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Dallas is popular because it is an area designated as "less likely" to be hit with natural disasters than other places.

Another main reason is because everyone who is anyone in the IP traffic business has fiber running through Dallas on its way east and west. If they had run that fiber farther north then they would have had to run the fiber in harsher conditions (think snow, ice, mountains).

Originally posted by amusive.com
    Wow.

Texas was the site of the most deadly flood and hurricane in recent US history (1960s), and was host also of the most deadly hurricane ever recorded, killing an estimated 10k people (1900s).

Almost all those deaths were caused not by the hurricane winds, but the intense flooding (well, also, that people in tx hadn't been hit by a hurricane that bad and didn't think it necessary to prepare).

Plus almost every hurricane that hits tx spawns 20-200 tornadoes around the state...

Texas is not devoid of natural disasters. I'm not sure what would even have given you this idea.
    I posted that because that's what I had read, it's the most stable area in the US and that's why it's highly insured. I can't vouch for the accuracy as I forget where I read that.

a few reasons why texas was chosen:

1. every major bandwidth provider has pipes going into dallas, houston, and/or austin.

2. Already a large tech community:
    EDS, NEC, Nokia, Texas Instruments / Raytheon, Nortel, Samsung, Fujitzu, Ericsson, Compaq, Dell etc.. The names keep going on.

3. Great weather. It's actually not that hot most of the time, and it has a stable climate.

4. Perk for corporate execs: no state income tax.

as for the other natural disasters.. look at how often they occur. When they come, it's bad, but it doesn't happen frequently.

The only place I think would be a better hub for communications would be Kansas City.

Let me know what you think about this hosting provider.
    Servermatirx overall is excellent

The servers are great!

The network is very very good!

The only drawback is that support response time is very slow, even compared to EV1Servers, but once someone looks at your ticket (can be up to 30+ hours after submitting if it's not an emergency) the follow through is excellent. And they go above and beyond to offer quality support.

Overall I'm very satisified with them so far.
    Last edited by panopticon; 03-14-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Re: Just a question about Server Matrix

Originally posted by Hostspeedy
    Hi,
    (I 'm looking for a dedicated server that has a great connection from Italy).
    Thanks
    Hi, has you found it?? I have an italian site and i want buy a dedicated server
    Thanks
    Andrea

muppy; you will need something on the east coast if you want USA< otherwise you should get something in the UK