Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Question iwebspeed...looking for info on them

Can anyone offer up their direct experience(s) with iwebspeed dot com?

I know that they have been in biz (under url "ispeed") for some time...97? 98? They use theplanet. They seem to oversell? But that's not uncommon. And I don't care so long as they can/will deliver (it's unlikely I'll ever need more than 100gb of bandwidth anyway, but I like to know it's their just in case).

Thanks for your feedback. I'm so glad I found this forum. I found a TON of good info here!
      0 Not allowed!

Did you check out the search function in the navigation above?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

-Jezzo
      0 Not allowed!

I did search the forums for iwebspeed already. I found some info...none of it negative. But nothing for sure positive, either.

I think I'll test out their services, along with hostgator. Hostgator seems to have a good reputation around here.

But I really would like a more broad plan than they'll offer me (for the money, that is).

Alas, the never ending search for cheap reseller hosting drives me to try "just one more cheap reseller host".

Really, I plan to start buying servers from servermatrix in a few months. I just need a reliable reseller to float me till then. But also, I would like to know if a good "cheap" reseller actually exists. I don't see why one couldn't have the know how to run a good server (say from theplanet or other reputable source) and be willing to sacrifice a little bit of profit in exchange for offering some smokin' deals. Wouldn't the low prices make up for itself in quantity? Really, including server costs and advertising, overhead should only be around $200/mo. (That's given if you only have 1 server).

I'm also trying to work out a deal with e-z-hosting. I've seen some pretty negative things about them (they also use theplanet). I had a chat with the guy though and he actually didn't seem like a complete moron. I was surprisingly impressed with him.

He said he may be willing to work out a deal, under which I could test his services for a couple months without having to lose money on it. I'd just put some "insignificant" accounts on the server and closely monitor the uptime on them.

I'd be happy to give unbiased reports on all of these guys.
      0 Not allowed!

At iwebspeed as well, anyone who would like a test account can get one valid for 48 hours
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't think that 48 hours is time enough to really get a feel for how things run.

But, I did just sign up for the smallest reseller package and so far so good. Everything went smooth and setup time was less than 8 hours.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

iWebSpeed..

Your site says you have been in business since 1996 yet your domain name was created in Jan-04 this year. Mind telling me how that happened?

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: IWEBSPEED.COM
    Created on: 16-Jan-04
    Expires on: 16-Jan-05
    Last Updated on: 17-Feb-04
      0 Not allowed!

Heh Anyhow I can't seem to access the site at all now

Originally posted by Techark
    iWebSpeed..

Your site says you have been in business since 1996 yet your domain name was created in Jan-04 this year. Mind telling me how that happened?

0 Not allowed!

Hmm appears down here to.

Guess they will need to update that blurb on thier site about having less than 3 hours total down time since 2000.
      0 Not allowed!

I've signed up with iwebspeed.com and so far their hosting services have been good. Their customer support on the other hand is quite a different story. I'd sent a couple of emails 4 days ago now, (and resent the emails 2 days ago, incase they were 'lost in the mail' so to speak)... but I'm still waiting for a reply.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Techark
    iWebSpeed..

Internet Speed Inc is the original name of our company, we started in April 1997 as a web hosting and web design provider, recently we launched Reseller and Partner plans under the branch name iWebSpeed

for any more information please email us directly : [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

So what was the domain name that you were trading under in 1997 then?

Google shows 0 results for Internet Speed Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

well, i have acct with them..
    They offer best prices, have good tech support and all the goods..exept...
    for the last week my sites went down twice- for at least 5 hr first time and 2 hr second time
    I wrote an e-mail wondering why is this happend and as you can assume-didnt got answer yet..
    forgot to tell--all that times web site iwebspeed was down too..
    looks like they have problems with Db.
    The Hdd use on my server is 74%, CPU-most of the time 0.94..
      0 Not allowed!

Well i'd like to agree with you iquest, however its been 6 days now and no reply from any of the emails i've sent. I'm sure iWebSpeed must have read my post further up in this thread as they did repond to Techark's enquiry.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by volvotech<BR>

well, i have acct with them..
    They offer best prices, have good tech support and all the goods..exept...
    for the last week my sites went down twice- for at least 5 hr first time and 2 hr second time
    I wrote an e-mail wondering why is this happend and as you can assume-didnt got answer yet..
    forgot to tell--all that times web site iwebspeed was down too..
    looks like they have problems with Db.
    The Hdd use on my server is 74%, CPU-most of the time 0.94...

=============================================

You may have a point there and I can tell you why that happened. They upgraded the cPanel and still working to fix some small issues. With cPanel 9.0 or later you will be able to design your own login form to your customers though - which is a good thing. After IE fix from microsoft it was very difficult to offer a login form to the end user but now you will be able to offer that...
      0 Not allowed!

I think that intrdiscount has joined iwebspeed and I was originally a customer from intrdiscount. I met michael from there, who has been very co-operative and friendly...
      0 Not allowed!

Well i got hosting from Iwebspeed just a week ago & till now every thing seems fine...
    They replied to all my emails within 1 or 2 days.... The Uptime which i have seen is Also good ...... they give 99.6% uptime which means there site will be down for around 3hr/month which is also good... my clients r also happy..... but there is a little problem whenever i am chating to them on MSN or yahoo messenger they frequently don't reply... so what i do is i send them an email for which i get a reply within 1 or 2 day.
    As i am a new person in the reselling world i have some problems which they solve in a very helpful manner & there prices r very..very affordable but i think they should change their website layout as it doesn't looks professional.
      0 Not allowed!

I would still like an explanation for the dates on the web site not matching the who is info.

If they have been in business since 1997 as they claim then they can prove it. If not then they are not telling the truth and that makes them very suspect. Especially since there are several inaccurate statements on the web site and the amount they are over selling is way beyond anything that I have ever seen before.
      0 Not allowed!

The same question i had asked them regarding the date .... But see they r giving reseller hosting at a very cheap rate .... so atleast i don't care . Perhaps Incase of any problem i even know their address which i got from Who is.

Willis, Mark [email protected]
    IWS
    645 eastern parkway
    brooklyn, New York 11213
    United States
    7187784812 Fax -- 7187784812

I know it can be a fake one too but i trust them.
    If anybody of u is living in New York. Can u plz. check that out ?
      0 Not allowed!

So does anyone at iwebspeed answer emails? Its been a week now and I'm still waiting.....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ankit_bond20
    The same question i had asked them regarding the date .... But see they r giving reseller hosting at a very cheap rate .... so atleast i don't care . Perhaps Incase of any problem i even know their address which i got from Who is.

Willis, Mark [email protected]
    IWS
    645 eastern parkway
    brooklyn, New York 11213
    United States
    7187784812 Fax -- 7187784812

I know it can be a fake one too but i trust them.
    If anybody of u is living in New York. Can u plz. check that out ?

You do not care that you may be giving your credit card info and hosting your clients on a host that may not be telling the truth?

I would think a full disclosure of the facts would be very important when choosing a host.
    Last edited by The3bl; 03-16-2004 at 12:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I think I should just clear up what happened here.

For whatever reason, when I changed my domain and email servers over to iwebspeed.com, when I sent an email to their support team it came back to a different email account that was activated when joining iwebspeed.com. So in actual fact, iwebspeed.com was indeed replying to my queries. Just not to where I was expecting them.

So to sum up, a big apology to iwebspeed.com for any misunderstandings.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, I've opened an acct. with iwebspeed as of 3/12/04.

They have answered all emails except one within 24 hours. The one they didn't reply to was regarding their uptime, based on my server monitors report.

So far, their uptime has NOT been 99.6% or higher. It's currently at 87.94% at dropping. My sites have been down for 16+ hours, this time around. They've been down for periods of 15 minutes to 16+ hours since I've been hosting with them.

So far, very disappointing. How do I, in good conscience, begin selling more hosting plans when I can't provide reliable service?

I'm hoping to upgrade to my own dedicated server in a couple of months, but till then I'd like to find a reliable host. And re-uploading all my files constantly is getting quite draining. My customers aren't too happy with it either. I can't blame them.

I really take pride in providing good customer service, and I need the uptime to go along with that.

Any advice?

0 Not allowed!

I believe this is where the good ol'

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

. . comes into play. Best of luck as 16 hours is enough to go out of business
    - Tim
      0 Not allowed!

I have a reseller acct with iwebspeed for a month now, so far so good. I had some trouble setting up my nameservers, but they helped me out with godaddy to fix the problem. All of my emails have been answered in 24 hrs, and I've only experienced about 10 minutes of downtime in the last month. I host a BASIC programming forum which is visited frecuently by admins and users, and noone has complained about any downtime recently. So far, so good.
      0 Not allowed!

anymore reviews or feedback pls?
    i'm about too sign up soon but i don't have the confidence at the moment
      0 Not allowed!

I have a reseller acct with iwebspeed for a month now, so far so good. I had some trouble setting up my nameservers, but they helped me out with godaddy to fix the problem. All of my emails have been answered in 24 hrs, and I've only experienced about 10 minutes of downtime in the last month. I host a BASIC programming forum which is visited frecuently by admins and users, and noone has complained about any downtime recently. So far, so good.

Rhiannon,

Well, either our sites are on different servers or you don't monitor your downtime the way I do.

My uptime is less than 90% since signing up earlier this month...down for 16 hours at one point just a couple days ago.

0 Not allowed!

i don't get it, hes getting from theplanet and they have a real high uptime

have you noticed any common problems cause theplanet suppose too have great uptime
      0 Not allowed!

Apparently there is more to it than just where you rent your servers.

Lots of crappy hosts rent from reputable sources.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

I followed iwebspeed's instructions on how to get a credit/refund for the downtime, and this is the reply I got. I'll just post the entire email correspondance as it occured. At this point, I would NOT recommend iwebspeed.com. They've failed to meet their uptime guarantee of 99.6%. So far, my uptime has fallen to a low of 78% and is currently at a high of 90%.

Now, after requesting that my credit card NOT be billed for next months fee's, they're terminating my account.

I really wanted things to work out with them, but knew that the little red flags that were apparent in the beginning might indicate that things aren't what they claim...like the fact that they claim to be in business for several years, but under the url ispeed.com (which they no longer host an active site at). And, they claim on their home page at www.iwebspeed.com that they have not had more than 3 hours/month of downtime since April 2000. Hello? WTF? I think many of us in this forum have proven that to be a far cry from the truth! This is taken VERBATIM from www.iwebspeed.com:

"Uptime - iWebSpeed recognizes that downtime is not an option. Our 99.6% money back guarantee policy means we are committed to have your sites up 24/7/365. Our experience since 1997 in this crucial mission speaks for itself:.. We've never had more then 3h/m downtime since April 2000"

This is MY current uptime, since hosting with them, per the monitor I use:

Status OK

Uptime 81.41%

For 3 hours, 5 minutes

Next Test 11 minutes

History

The last 10 changes in status for this server are listed below

Date Description Duration

03/25/04 21:46 No reply 8 hours, 40 minutes
    03/23/04 18:08 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 08:10 No reply 12 hours, 23 minutes
    03/20/04 04:38 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 03:53 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 02:22 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 01:47 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 01:14 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 00:40 No reply 15 minutes
    03/19/04 23:41 No reply 38 minutes

In all fairness, I must mention that for some odd reason, some of my sites haven't had quite as much downtime. Here is the uptime for another site to show what I'm talking about:

Status OK

Uptime 90.01%

For 3 hours, 20 minutes

Next Test 10 minutes

History

03/25/04 21:38 No reply 8 hours, 34 minutes
    03/20/04 05:00 No reply 15 hours, 11 minutes
    03/20/04 03:13 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 02:26 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 01:35 No reply 32 minutes
    03/20/04 00:25 No reply 38 minutes
    03/19/04 23:49 No reply 19 minutes
    03/15/04 10:53 No reply 15 minutes
    03/15/04 06:19 No reply 4 hours, 18 minutes
    03/15/04 04:18 No reply 15 minutes

Sometimes, only about half my sites are down at a time. I can't figure out why since they're all on the same server. iwebspeed mentioned last week that their was a "bind error".

Now, I've asked for a credit since they did not meet their uptime guarantee. If you read their previous post, that is what they have just instructed me to do. And now they tell me, "We will not charge your Credit Card, your r account will terminate on the last day of your billing cycle". This is copied and pasted in full from the email without being modified in any way.

You know, I'd really LOVE to find a reliable, affordable host so I don't have to rush into getting my own dedicated server. It would be ideal if I could wait another 6 months or so before having to invest in a dedicated server. But so far, I don't feel like I have much of a choice in the matter, if I want to be able to provide my clients with some kind of reliable service...before I lose them all. I've already lost a few hundred dollars this year because of downtime. OUCH.

Any suggestions??? Where can I find a host that is reliable AND affordable?

I'm tired of these "slum lord" hosts that fail to re-invest their gain into building a reliable environment for their clients. It seems like they just don't care and take no pride in providing good service.

Finally, here is my correspondance with iwebspeed.com:

My email to iwebspeed.com:

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 1:19 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: uptime guarantee

Per your uptime guarantee, please do NOT charge my credit card for the coming months fee's. I've listed the uptime status below, per my monitor.

Status OK

Uptime 82.42%

For 1 day, 11 hours

Next Test 6 minutes

History

03/17/04 10:16 No reply 16 hours, 30 minutes

iwebspeed's response:

From [email protected] Fri Mar 26 06:27:44 2004

We will not charge your Credit Card, your r account will terminate on the last day of your billing cycle

my response to iwebspeed:

Fri Mar 26 06:35:16 2004

Is that how it works?

Your uptime sucks, and when someone asks you to honor your money back guarantee you terminate their account?

Status OK

Uptime 81.41%

For 3 hours, 1 minute

Next Test 14 minutes

History

03/25/04 21:46 No reply 8 hours, 40 minutes

END OF MESSAGES

As of yet, I haven't heard back from iwebspeed, but you can bet I'll post their reply here, irregardless of what it is.

If you care about your hosting business, don't bother with iwebspeed.com. They sure don't seem to care about theirs.

I would be willing to give them a second chance, just to avoid the hassle of having to move all my sites to another new server, but at this point, they seem to be cancelling my subscription with them because I asked them to keep their word.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been trying to get in touch with iwebspeed, but the 800# they offer only leads to an answering machine. 've called it about 8 times in the last 3 weeks and it always ends up at an answering machine, even during what could be considered "normal business hours". I attempted to contact them via AIM at iwebspeed, but only got ignored. Now their site has been down for over an hour. Again. The server they host their site on has a better uptime than the server they host my sites on, but it's still not 99.6% and hasn't been in the 2+ weeks I've been monitoring it.

Honestly, if it was even 98% I would'nt be griping about it, but 79%? 89%? It's just intolerable. You simply cannot run a business with those levels of uptimes.

Is it wrong of me to think that they should take the "only 3 hours of downtime/month since April 2000" down off their main page? It is clearly not accurate. False advertising???

Here is their server status, compliments of my server monitor:

Server Address http://iwebspeed.com

Status ERROR

Uptime 96.79%

For 1 hour, 25 minutes

Next Test 10 minutes

History

03/26/04 09:51 No reply
    03/23/04 01:50 Timeout 15 minutes
    03/20/04 15:49 No reply 30 minutes
    03/20/04 15:19 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 14:34 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 03:30 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 02:29 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 01:25 No reply 33 minutes
    03/20/04 00:54 No reply 15 minutes
    03/18/04 05:16 No reply 30 minutes
      0 Not allowed!

Down for 4 hours and counting...anyone else who visits their site and finds it down should post it here. That way we all can confirm that my server monitor is telling the truth and I'm not just trying to bash my host.

I wonder if they'll finally remove the b.s. on their homepage about not having any more than 3 hours of downtime/month since April 2000.

Server Address http://iwebspeed.com

Status ERROR

Uptime 96.15%

For 4 hours, 18 minutes

Next Test Running

History

03/26/04 09:51 No reply
    03/23/04 01:50 Timeout 15 minutes
    03/20/04 15:49 No reply 30 minutes
    03/20/04 15:19 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 14:34 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 03:30 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 02:29 No reply 15 minutes
    03/20/04 01:25 No reply 33 minutes
    03/20/04 00:54 No reply 15 minutes
    03/18/04 05:16 No reply 30 minutes
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, been down for me aswell, around 8 hours now at least...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kmcb
    Down for 4 hours and counting...anyone else who visits their site and finds it down should post it here. That way we all can confirm that my server monitor is telling the truth
    Down here
      0 Not allowed!

Down for 14 hours now...all of the sites I have, plus iwebspeeds.
      0 Not allowed!

damn, that sux...
    he is slow updateing his clients page
    innaccurate statements
    -rarely online (suppose to have 12 support staff)
    -not 24/7 online support
    -Real high standards on their website
    -amazing cheap plans( + 6months free)
    i'll give it a wk or 2 before i move on.. keep me updated appreciate it.
      0 Not allowed!

Angry iwebspeed offline again!

I sign for a plan in iwebspeed.com , in day 14/03/2004 , the server where my websites are in had problems twice in less than 1 week . Now it's day 27 and my websites gone , iwebspeed.com gone , support gone. Does anyone know what is going on?

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast