paypal admits to being misleading

Taken from a London newspaper this morning:

Auction website eBays payment service has agreed to hand over £82,000 compensation after admitting it misled shoppers into believing it offered credit card-style protection.

Paypal struck the deal after eBay customers found they were not entitled to refunds when goods did not turn up.

The firm, which dealt with transactions worth £7billion last year, also told prosecutors in New York it would be more open about the protection it offers its 25million customers.

The fine may be the first of many for paypal which is being investigated by several other US states and the Federal Trade Commision.
    About time too.

Please excuse typos, note to self: buy a new scanner
    Hyperconfused (™)

I agree with that, even though I use PayPal.

It should be made clear to everyone that misleading tactics never works in the end!

Paypal should rot in hell.I cant believe after screwing over many thousands of people they are still in business.
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

Someone hacked into some random person's paypal account and used my stolen credit card along with several others to send tons of money through this victim's hacked paypal account.

Paypal STILL has not refunded the $790 and $226 that was stolen from me. I've been waiting for well over an entire month and am about to call them again right now for the hundredth time. They said 10 days... it's been well over a month.

Frosty,

CC? Call your CC Company and get a refund.

Paypal may have its ups and downs, but who doesn't? It's a great service and a reliable service.

I've had my share of issues with paypal, but they are looking out for themselves.

I don't want to go through my cc company if it's not necessary. It just takes too long. If paypal said they will refund it's less hassle that way :)

I'll give them a phone call with a friendly reminder in few minutes.

Frosty:
    Someone hacked into some random person's paypal account and used my stolen credit card
    How come you still made the same mistake? Do it again and I'm gonna start a new thread about you stealing others credit card.
    Member Since 2003.

LOL... I can never get away with anything on WHT

No, the WHT Police is always on a neighborhood watch

I'll keep that in mind

lol

Guess I can totally write PayPal off for taking payments after my auction which starts tomorrow. If I can't find a way of getting paid before tomorrow night I may not even have an auction on WHT!

Don't forget folks, DomainFinder has an auction tomorrow. Which he might not receive payment for (the auction, which is tomorrow) if Paypal is no good.

LOL!

Good one timechange.com, I'll cool it.