Thread: A Test of Faith

A Test of Faith

Imagine this happening to you...

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying submachine guns.

One of the men proclaimed,

"Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled...

the deacons fled...

and most of the congregation fled....

Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood...

He then looked at the preacher and said "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites... Now you may begin your service.
    Have a nice day!"

The two men turned and walked out.

Yeah I know this belongs in the joke category but....

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE WERE YOU IN THE CHURCH AT THAT TIME?

The truth now.

I would duck under the PEW but i would stay there!!!

The Dude

Would never be faced with that since I don't believe in god, but if I happed to be in that situation i would have ran like hell in a heartbeat.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I already knew the story so I would have stayed

HL

What the hell kind of question is that?!

Run!!!
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

I agree with Trifolic..

funny joke though.. never heard it before

I would have stayed as I believe in God.

Can't add text my above post.

HL

I would stay and let one of the police officers, who are members, and/or one of the members with a CHL deal with it.

If none of them were available I would still stay.

i would not have been in the church anyway.
    gia

But the post say SUPPOSE you were for ANY REASON...(hehehe)

The Dude

I would have pulled out my gun and asked him the same question.

I would have stayed.

Regards,
    Waylon

Originally posted by subigo
    I would have pulled out my gun and asked him the same question.
    Yes!

Where is your LOGIC at?
    I dont believe in god either... but he asked a Hypothetical Q'... why not play along?

If I believed in god, and I was in that church at the time, I'd see NO reason to stay...

I would calmly walk out. maybe roll my eyes at the guys with the guns.

If god wants me to go then he wants me to go... I sure ain't going to help anybody kill me however.

If its gods will then it will happen anyway sooner or later... I was planning on living forever or die trying but he is the boss.

Id do more good staying alive then dead...

And I'm not that insecure in myself and my faith to have to prove it to anybody.

I'd think that the kind of answer somebody that actually believes in god should give, right?

Otherwise whats the point?

But this is Hypothetical, I dont believe in god... so I'd just tell them so and ask them if they knew how the hell I got in there in the first place.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Well I doubt god is gonna send machine gun toting lunatics into church, and if he did I THINK he'd expect me to try and save my hide, "god helps those who helps themselves".

Reminds me of a joke:

It's a flood, man is stuck on the roof of his house, water is up to the roof edge, dude comes along in a canoe "hey jump in let's go" "no god will provide" later on the water is halfway up the roof, a speedboat comes along "hey man come on" "no god will provide" and he stays, a little later he's sitting on the chimney, water up to his ankles now covering the house completely, a chopper comes along, drops a ladder and says to him "hey come on climb up" "no no, god will provide" and he stays. Water runs a little higher, washes the house and man away, and he dies, and he finds himself in heaven in front of God. "God why didn't you save me?" "SAVE YOU? I sent a canoe, a speed boat, and a helicopter!!"

In other words, I'd hide or get the hell out. God doesn't need me to take a bullet for him.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    In other words, I'd hide or get the hell out. God doesn't need me to take a bullet for him.

Exactly what I meant.

Best,
    Eugene.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

Greetings:

The sad thing is that God doesn't need anyone to believe in Him for His continued existance.

Many people don't believe 6,000,000+ Jews were murdered by Hilter; that doesn't mean they were not brutally killed by Hilter and Hilter's people.

There are a lot of things people choose not to believe in that are very real; their disbelief doesn't turn fact into something other than fact.

Jesus did in fact exist. Jesus died for our sins, and rose again conquering death and sin. Disbelief doesn't change the facts.

Thank you.

One thing I think is wrong, annoying and actually HURTS more then it helps is people forcing their believes down other peoples throwths.

Thank YOU.

If I was suppose to die I would if not then I wont die. Meaning I would stay.

Originally posted by websterworld
    One thing I think is wrong, annoying and actually HURTS more then it helps is people forcing their believes down other peoples throwths.

Thank YOU.
    I don't see how he did that...
    He has the right to speak, doesn't he?
    btw it is spelled "throat"

HL

Thank YOU.
    Originally posted by Hostlead
    I don't see how he did that...
    He has the right to speak, doesn't he?
    btw it is spelled "throat"

HL
    That the way it usually happens when it comes to talking about Christianity. You can't even discuss it without being accussed with shoving it down peoples throats.

If you don't like it ... don't read it.

Maybe if you feel convicted by it there's a reason.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Thank YOU.
    Isn't that hypocritical? You are shoving you're belief down his throat (belief in no God). (I am assuming you are athiest by your comment).

No one shoves their beliefs down someone elses throat. Those that do, are cult leaders. Christianity speaks the truth, and people have a hard time coping with the truth. Face it, truth hurts. When people come to realize the truth, their heats change, and they accept the truth for what it is, TRUTH!. So to other people, who do not fully understand the truth, it looks like the belief was "Shoved down their throat" when in reality, the person just listened, contemplated, experienced the grace of God, and became changed.

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Jesus did in fact exist. Jesus died for our sins, and rose again conquering death and sin. Disbelief doesn't change the facts.

Thank you.
    ok, ignore my "throat" type-o please.

I dont have a problem with posts like that as long as he sticks in a "in my opinion" somewhere in there!

amish_geek your even worse.
    its YOUR truth not my truth.

again, please put in an "in my opinion" or something and I wouldn't care.

if you can't see such a simple point I just give up.

I'm not forcing MY opinion on you, now am I?
    I'm not saying that if you believe in god your stupid or wrong, its your personal decision, I respect that and dont mind at all.

I just think diffrent, but I dont make you feel bad because of it now do I?

Think about it for a bit.

I dont think that I will ever change my mind, but reactions like that never ever help, only hurt...

Instead of saying: "this is the truth! repent you crazy sinner or rot in hell!" thats really not the way... I'd just explain the way I see things and smile and leave the person alone to think over it and decide for himself...

I don't know guess thats just me. (or the devil!)

Best,
    Eugene.

(reminds me of ned flanders this whole thing)

and just a small note, I dont like those religion threads and I'm out of this one. sorry If I offended anybody, hope you wont take it the wrong way.

I would stick around for all that i know...i might goto heaven for it....I believe when its time its time and there is no way out so i would sure take my chances...death only needs a reason be it this or be it that

^ only my views

Greetings:

"I dont have a problem with posts like that as long as he sticks in a "in my opinion" somewhere in there!"

This is a joke, right?

Is it opinion that George Bush is President of the United States of America? Or a fact?

It it an opinion that Hitler directly or indirectly murdered over 6,000,00 jews or is it a fact?

God doesn't need your belief in Him to exist. And Jesus death and resurrection may have opinions associated with it; but that doesn't stop the reality.

Thank you.

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

"I dont have a problem with posts like that as long as he sticks in a "in my opinion" somewhere in there!"

This is a joke, right?

Is it opinion that George Bush is President of the United States of America? Or a fact?

It it an opinion that Hitler directly or indirectly murdered over 6,000,00 jews or is it a fact?

God doesn't need your belief in Him to exist. And Jesus death and resurrection may have opinions associated with it; but that doesn't stop the reality.

Thank you.

HL