Programming an Application Processing script...

I'm working on my hosting company right now, planning to open it sometimes this month if possible.

Anyway, i'm very noob at PHP, im barely a Beginner...THough, i'm trying to make a pretty complicated (if I might say) script. I'm trying to code an Application Processing Center script.

What it'll have is i'll put a form on my website where users can fill it out. When they send that form, the data will go into a database. And there will be a Processing Center where authorized admins can login and check the apps, then approve/deny them. They'll be able to hit Approve or Deny and they'll be lead to an email thing with a pre-setup format (i.e. The format can be something like: One of the admins have looked over your application and here is the status...) something like that.

So what i'm asking is, is there a tutorial somewhere out there that can help me through the making of this script? *Embarassed*. It doesn't have to be exactly about this but something related or seperated tutorials that teaches things that can be put together and form this.

If you can help me in anyway, please post it here or send me a PM.

Thanks

I can't really think of a specific tutorial, but if you need a basic walkthrough of how the script would work, here it goes.

Signup.php -> Display form and once submitted run "INSERT into tbl VALUES (list of values, one of them being confirmed=0).

Admin.php -> Run a query to select all where confirmed=0. For each display a button to go to Admin.php?do=confirm&ID=123. Write another function so if $HTTP_GET_VARS['do'] == confirm, run the query to Set confirmed=1 WHERE id=HTTP_GET_VARS['id'].

I will look around a bit for any tutorials, it's actually a very simple script, just a bit complex for a beginner.

Feel free to contact me over AIM if you need any help (SN is WrldsGreatestOne).

Regards,
    Patrick

Heh, the codes seem a bit confusing for me...But i'll try to figure them out.

Thanks Patrick .

Any other help would be great

Will I need a mySQL database for this? Or all can be done in plain PHP?

You will need to use MySQL unless you want to create a file for every single user that signs up... (If you don't, it'll be a pain to work out lines and overwrites..)

Regards,
    Patrick