Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by FatalSw1tch
    Picture
    That's the most immature thing I've seen someone do.

LiveChat isn't a complaint department and you shouldn't on ther harassing their employees in such unprofessional matter.

And btw, CiHost.com use to call me here at work and they'd have an automatic voice recording talking about their services. (CiHost=Spammer)
      0 Not allowed!

It saids on their site call us 24 hours a day its more like them calling us 24 hours a day...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rob83
    That's the most immature thing I've seen someone do.

LiveChat isn't a complaint department and you shouldn't on ther harassing their employees in such unprofessional matter.

And btw, CiHost.com use to call me here at work and they'd have an automatic voice recording talking about their services. (CiHost=Spammer)
    Oh, crap...now you went and done it...CiHOST will be sending iNet a supeona over that...(not kidding)....
      0 Not allowed!

Is it my imagination or is that host's name not *** anymore?
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.
      0 Not allowed!

In my experience in buss. there are two ways to get customers...

1) They come to you.

2) You go to them.

Now if you wait for them to come to you, you better be the only company/person that offers that product or be in a market where there are few competitors. However, if you're in a highly competive market such as webhosting, its best that you go to your customers. That is how we have expanded in the course of 12 plus years from a small mom and pop computer store to the size that we are today. Now I apologize to you hosting people out there who were contacted, its our job to prospect for customers...sales is the thing that will make a company sink or swim and we chose to be aggressive to ensure our position in the market place. If you're upset, I certainly understand since it is a bit odd to get a sales call from your competitors...Quite frankly, I used to get those when I worked in telecommunications.

A simple request to the person who calls you to add yourself to the do not call list is fine. Or if you want, you can call us up and simply state that you don't appreciate being called. Or you can call us up and say that you would like to be added to the DNCL as a pre-emptive measure.

I appreciate the input that I received on chat to look at this board. He/she remained very professional where in the past, I have experienced others who have acted in a rash manner on chat.
      0 Not allowed!

hi,

I am myself a marketer and I am really upset at the proposition of someone disturbing you at your home. Probably, next time, you will re-think before giving your home number in the domain registration form. Alternately, try using www.efax.com or www.j2.com to get a free voice mail number for such registrations. This will keep your home safe, quiet and the best place to rest, not the usual sales calls from those POOR chaps who are trying to make a living this way.

Regarding my personal views, well, as a marketer, I will definitely defend APlus.net and their marketing strategy. Yes, I know there has been and there will always be a friction between prospects and direct-marketers, but look around you or your own achievements. If some direct marketer or a well-wisher would have not encouraged you to take a particular step or guide you towards a direction, would you be where you are today? Now, please don't tell me you live in a jungle and you got nobody around you or you are an anti-social typo.

Sometimes I feel that we become too much wary about poor direct-marketers and ignore the BOMBARDMENT of ads via net, tv, hoardings, and what not.

Any comments?
      0 Not allowed!

Spam is spam no matter what form it takes. You can call it whatever you like McMardyn you are still intruding on people's private time by calling them at home.
    You are also breaking the law from what I can tell by harvesting the registry databases.
    There are many ways to get business and many of us don't feel the need to stoop to lowlife tactics like spam and phone number theft.
      0 Not allowed!

Michael (chef)

Yes, Spam is Spam and Cold Callling is Cold Calling. But, and it is a big BUT, how do you get new customers?
      0 Not allowed!

Its its not good at all to call people to get new customers.... Too unprofessional....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by aatayyab
    Michael (chef)

Yes, Spam is Spam and Cold Callling is Cold Calling. But, and it is a big BUT, how do you get new customers?

There are many legitmate advertising sources out there Amir.
    Also, if some of these guys would spend less time whoring for customers and more time taking care of the customers they have, they would certainly generate a lot more word of mouth business.
      0 Not allowed!

Whoring !!!

Originally posted by blue27
    There are many legitmate advertising sources out there Amir.
    Also, if some of these guys would spend less time whoring for customers and more time taking care of the customers they have, they would certainly generate a lot more word of mouth business.
    Michael (blue or chef or whatever),

After seeing your comments and especially the word WHORING in your post, I fear that you might KILL a salesman/saleswoman or worse, you might eat him/her ALIVE I am sure you are having the worst type of phone calls, emails, junk mails, etc which made you so full of hate and anger towards poor marketing people

Now, coming to your suggested approach of references, yes, that is great and nobody needs to be told as they are already doing that. Do you have any other better advice to find new clients?

P.S. Please avoid using indecent words like WHORING during a discussion on a respected forum like this one. There are many other ways to vent your anger. right?
      0 Not allowed!

Sometimes I feel that we become too much wary about poor direct-marketers and ignore the BOMBARDMENT of ads via net, tv, hoardings, and what not.
    I hate this argument. I see it all the time. It was used in the DNCL debate. Direct marketers do not get it. People are tired of their private lives being invaded by 'annoying' direct marketing tactics.

1) TV, Net, Radio? Come on. I know that by my actions of making a decision to enter those media outlets, I know I will have to deal with ads. That is the price. I knowingly enter and become a sheep for corporations. I have control though.

2) Direct marketing. Spammers, fax mailers, cold callers, junk snail mail. Hey, I didn't ask for this. When I got a post office box, I never asked to accept your crap. When I bought a computer and e-mail client, I never wanted to receive spam. Same with my phone. I bought a phone to communicate with people I choose. I didn't get it to receive calls at dinner from some scumbag selling crap. I DO NOT have control.

By turning on a TV or Radio or going to other peoples websites, I know their will be ads. However by buying a phone or fax machine, I never wanted the ads nor should I have to receive them. I have a choice to not turn on the TV or radio. I do not have a choice for my fax or phone. I need those to do business or communicate. See the difference?

Direct markers are the bottom of the barrel. Resource hogs and leaches, whoring for cash by annoying others. And the funny thing is that it is crap companies who support them. CIHost and APlus are great examples. Instead of doing what solid, honest businesses do, and advertise creatively, they spam people and invade their lives. Funny how it all ties together. I have not received spam fax from Pair or Rackspace. But I get them from CIHost. Pigs and $hit go together.

Regarding the comment by the Aplus rep, about do you go out and get business or do you wait for it to come to you. Well, I advertise without forcing myself down peoples throats. You see? When it is time to buy, a customer will seek you out. They will look to those outlets to locate what they need. Because I bought a house doesn't mean I want voice messages from some dish company every two days. If I want a dish, I will find you. I will look through the BBB. I will ask friends who they use. So me, I concentrate on making my company have the best service and support possible. Better service = more referrals. I concentare on creative advertising. Creating a buzz where possible. Also, it is obvious your dollars go to direct marketing and not the hiring of quality support staff. Yes APLus rep, I know you guys. I know Dave and Larry. I know Phoenix and Lillian. Your support sucks! Dave and Larry are skilled, but they careless about your customers. Imagine if you placed the dollars to improving service and support, the amount of business you would get from referrals. Instead you spend it on annoying people by calling them at dinner or when they are playing with their children.

OK, I am done.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com
      0 Not allowed!

Um or Billy or Cord,

You are carried away by your own arguements. Look here;

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    I knowingly enter and become a sheep for corporations.
    Well, if you give that much price to tv, hoardings, newspaper, etc., then why not to direct marketers?

I didn't get it to receive calls at dinner from some scumbag selling crap.
    They are trying their best to earn a decent living. Nobody knowingly can disturb anybody's private life and let me assure you, no professional direct marketer can stand to such comments.

I need those to do business or communicate.
    So, if those ads were not there, how would you know your choices?

Direct markers are the bottom of the barrel. Resource hogs and leaches, whoring for cash by annoying others. And the funny thing is that it is crap companies who support them.
    Now, that is what I call ABUSING and MISBEHAVING. No professionally educated human being can behave like that. There is a very CLEAR difference between those who behave like that and those who do not. The real target of the professional direct marketers are those clients who got a mind to think and who appreciate the efforts of direct marketers to bring them affordable and unique choices which they would have never known before.

I have not received spam fax from Pair or Rackspace.
    Now, that is clearly a debatable issue. I recieve a huge spam myself from big names like Microsoft, IBM, Sun, Dell, HP etc. But I like their professional emails and those are very informative ones. Now, don't confuse that to those that I signed up specifically by agreeing to recieve such spam.

Well, I advertise without forcing myself down peoples throats.
    Now, I need an academic lecture from anyone here to differentiate between advertising and spamming please

Take care,
      0 Not allowed!

P.S. to UmBillyCord,

Today my competitor offers 25 GBs of bandwidth and 500 MBs of space.
    Tomorrow I will offer 50 GBs of bandwidth and 1000 MBs of space.
    Then in two days my competitor will offer 75 GBs of bandwidth and 2000 MBs of space.
    On the third day, I will say "The hell with it" and offer unlimited everything!
    After Unlimited Everything, I can help you add FREE FOREVER slogan to increase your sales

Just a friendly byte.......
      0 Not allowed!

[aatayyab]
    "Regarding my personal views, well, as a marketer, I will definitely defend APlus.net and their marketing strategy. "

What Aplus.net is doing is illegal, If you don't understand why, read my previous post.

Cheers
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants
      0 Not allowed!

After seeing your comments and especially the word WHORING in your post, I fear that you might KILL a salesman/saleswoman or worse, you might eat him/her ALIVE I am sure you are having the worst type of phone calls, emails, junk mails, etc which made you so full of hate and anger towards poor marketing people

Actually Amir, whoring is a very accurate word to describe these people so I make no apologies for using it in this or any other forum.

I have no problem with the salesman/woman as such. They are just people trying to make a living and feed their families like anyone else.
    My problem is with the owners and directors of these companies who implement the policy to spam.
      0 Not allowed!

blue27 or Michael,

Thanks for your kind explanation otherwise I had a very wrong perception about your possible behaviour towards your own fellows who are doing thier best with the world's second oldest profession AFTER whoring

Regarding the owners and directors of companies, well, they are simply following general and standard sales and marketing techniques taught in the schools, colleges, universities' syllabus of succeeding in business. If you think I am wrong, try getting in touch with a successsful businessman/woman who used any sort of sales/marketing technique. Try going deep into the subject matter yourself via great books of Philips Kottler or others. I hope you don't mistake me branding spam as marketing. Basically, whenever I hear the word spam, I get a feeling that it is a systematic way to usher away possibly successful competitors and this hateful strategy is so commonly propagated that we, marketers are feeling its heat. We want to do justice to our profession by conveying your RIGHT message, to the RIGHT person in a RIGHT way. Anyways, this war will go on, I don't know for how long and for the sake of my own profession and what I believe, I will keep on giving my own views towards such hype or misconception called SPAM.

It has been hyped upto the extent that very nice and educated people like you and michael are getting upset. It is none other, just pure sales and marketing. I hope you get my idea.

Peace to you....
      0 Not allowed!

I bought a domain bawns.com just for holding for a different purpose, and these same guys called me at work (Hostingplex) to try and sell me hosting, so I just said I already had a provider, he asked me the name and he could probably save money and I told him Hostingplex, at that time he realized he had called Hostingplex and was “barking up the wrong tree”.

Fun,
    Kevin
      0 Not allowed!

If some direct marketer or a well-wisher would have not encouraged you to take a particular step or guide you towards a direction, would you be where you are today? Now, please don't tell me you live in a jungle and you got nobody around you or you are an anti-social typo.
    They influence me. If they call, I hang up. If it comes in the mail, it goes in the trash unopened. If they come to my door, I say "No", and close it.

You see, a direct marketer wastes my time. If had wanted to buy something, I would have gone to the store.

And, if I needed I service, I'd open my phone book.
      0 Not allowed!

aplus.net called me also.

I called back and bitched at them.
      0 Not allowed!

JTY,

How did you hear about WebHostingTalk.com? I am sure it was not in your PHONE BOOK. Some direct marketer's effort brought up the idea of web hosting talk and here you are.. chatting, conversating, getting ideas and still OPPOSING direct marketing.... ???? strange !!

Just teasing.....
      0 Not allowed!

The do not call list is going to get longer, I suggest you find a new career aatayyab.

Just my 2 cents.
      0 Not allowed!

Stium,

Why are we so proud of our indecent behaviour towards our fellow men/women?
      0 Not allowed!

DomainFinder,

I thank you for worrying about my career. Only a true friend can feel like that. Lot of thanks for such concerns.

P.S. Right now, I am on top of my career and frankly have not much time to help so many clients of mine. I wish I had a full team of at least 1 million marketing consultants alongside to help one billion small or big businesses or POOR domain marketers do best in their auctions. (and they stop asking two cents each time)
      0 Not allowed!

You are carried away by your own arguements. Look here;
    No, they are clear. Corporations pay for radio and TV. Enter that media, and you are subject to the ads. But we enter by choice. The point is simple in my arguement.

This will be another case of two people not agreeing and leaving it at that.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast