Any billing apps support multiple currencies?

I am looking for a billing system, similar to ModernBill, that supports at least two Currencies.

So customers must have the ability to choose payment in either currency, and the billing system will use the appropriate pmt gateway/currency, etc..

Does this exist?

(FYI - ModernBill says it can't be done. They will give me a "discount" on a 2nd license for the 2nd currency, but then I'd end up with two completely seperate customer databases, not to mention configuration of both licenses, etc...)

Any ideas?

(FYI - ModernBill says it can't be done. They will give me a "discount" on a 2nd license for the 2nd currency, but then I'd end up with two completely seperate customer databases, not to mention configuration of both licenses, etc...)
    That couldn't get worse.

If a developer can integrate two payment currencies, that would be VERY convenient for many of us.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Originally posted by cybexhost
    That couldn't get worse.

If a developer can integrate two payment currencies, that would be VERY convenient for many of us.
    I think the first billing system that is able to do this (multiple concurent currencies) will sell a lot of new licenses.

If only I could convince ModernBill to make this a priority. They didn't seem to care much about it when I asked.

Too bad, because it's the only thing keeping me from buying their product. But I just don't want to deal with two completely seperately installed billing systems.

It can be done as far as I can tell. All that would need to be done is setup a custom order group for currency 1 and currency 2. Associate your hosting plans to either group, entereing the different price values.

The hack part is where you would need to associate a certain payment gateway, eg: Paypal Canadian to a order group. That way all the orders from Currency 1 (Canadian) would use your Canadian gateway....

Why hasn't anyone done this yet
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

Originally posted by Ramprage
    It can be done as far as I can tell. All that would need to be done is setup a custom order group for currency 1 and currency 2. Associate your hosting plans to either group, entereing the different price values.

The hack part is where you would need to associate a certain payment gateway, eg: Paypal Canadian to a order group. That way all the orders from Currency 1 (Canadian) would use your Canadian gateway....

Why hasn't anyone done this yet
    The people from moderbill emailed me back and said that they won't be implementing multiple currencies anytime in the near future. Apparently it's too hard for them to integrate into the reports and accounting, etc... ??

Maybe you could make your suggestion to them directly? (I don't have access to their support forum so I don't know how to make a suggestion to them..)

I'd love to see what they think of your idea, and if it would be difficult to implement. If it means the inability to use reports/accounting of modernbill, then I would rather have multiple currency support then reports.

I don't own modernbill yet. I was looking at their demo on their website and it just seemed like a logical solution. My proposal wouldn't affect accounting, reports or anything because it would use all the pre made built in existing system but just tying a payment processor to a certain order group...

As far as accounting, it would just could your systems total in terms of raw numbers and not two currencies.

Example:
    Canadian Plan 1 = $10 month
    US Plan 1 = $7 per month

Monthly total: $17 per month......which isn't correct but I guess you could live with it.

mrzippy
    I've noticed that 2checkout allows the client to select their billing method at checkout, changing their currency. This might also be another alternative for you?

Originally posted by Ramprage
    mrzippy
    I've noticed that 2checkout allows the client to select their billing method at checkout, changing their currency. This might also be another alternative for you?
    I was not aware 2checkout allowed multiple currencies. I'll look into that one. I sent another email to the support/sales people at modernbill with your suggestion. They said they would bring it to the developers for investigation.

If they reply I'll post it here.

Hi,

give the right service to people speaking different languages is not a matter to pay in different currencies, only. We tested Modermbill, WHN Autopilot and many others and all of them forget the main thing: the language. If the user has not associated language stored in database, the whole system didn't works.

We are developing that kind of solution, for internal use, a billing system really multilingual, but is not a priority task and will take some months to have an alpha release. Will need help to integrate with control panels, domain registrars and payment gateways, then if anybody its interesting to contribute pm me and will contact you.

I hate Modernbill, you need a master to make the whole thing works. Looks terribly complex, existing other simplest solutions outthere like perlbill easy to setup and to use. The second one is the model will follow, but with some surprises. If there is enough interest we could reconsider our priorities.

About the payment solutions I'm very interesting to partnership with any payment processor to develop the Spanish speaking market. Again if you're interested pm me. We can help or take full control about market, sales, development and design. If you have an already running solution that supports multicurrency, at least Euros and US Dollars, ....

Regards,
    Jose