co-location.com - any good?

Hi,

I have several dedicated servers with different companies and I'm considering colocating. I did a search here for co-location.com and did not find anything.

Has anyone dealt with them?

Thanks

where are you located?

they seem good, and they have L3 bandwidth, thats always a plus! :-)
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - [email protected]
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

Definitely solid. They are an authorized reseller of Level 3 and share marketing budget with Level 3 as well, so there is a strong tie between the companies at a high level.

Some commentary in general on resellers: There are a number of "resellers" of Level 3(and obviously, every other backbone) out there today. As with any situation where you are dealing with resellers, financial position, history, management, and relationship/standing with their provider is always important. One must always ask about their commits, whether they have been met, and whether resellers that are selling bandwidth at rates below cost in an effort to hit the next threshold of discounting for them. This "sell volume and profits will come" approach just isn't a model that works and you need to be cautious about candidates for NexGen-style flame-outs.

A number of my clients work with co-location.com for their IP and colo requirements and have nothing but positive things to say. They have been in business for quite some time and management is ethical and straightforward.

Originally posted by abalto
    where are you located?
    looking to colocate in or near Philadelphia, PA

LVLT Gateway 401 N. Broad Street Floor 3
    Switch & Data 401 N. Broad Street Floor 9
    Sungard 401 N. Broad Street Floor 11
    All three CAT5 & Multimode GigE

They are awesome to work with! I know a lot of satisfied customers....
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Never used them myself, but I would say give it a try. When it comes to major carriers, especially Level(3), you're gonna find a better deal going through authorized resellers.

Thank you all for the replies.

Hello,

I would recommend XtremeBandwidth, they have the best pricing I have seen on Level3 bandwidth. I have received a quote from co-location.com and XtremeBandwidth.com blew them away. Thanks, Kyle

While I have not dealt with XtremeBandwidth, I would stay as far away from them as possible. They are ex NexGen employees and NexGen really left a lot of people handing in the wind when they decided not to pay Level(3). My advice, stay away from anyone who was ever associated with NexGen!
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

Yes we have ex-Nexgen employees. If you worked with a company and they had problems or filed bkrupt is that the employees fault?
    Best Wishes,

Does anyone else have good or bad experiences with XtremeBandwidth.com or co-location.com? Any other recommendations?

And as long as they resell for Level3 is there anything else I should consider other than price?

Thanks again.

I don't think they (co-location.com or xtremebandwidth.com) provide any management services so you might have trouble getting support if you need it (you can't go directly to level3 if you're going through a reseller, so you should pick a reseller that employs techs and can help you when you need it).

My customers may call Level3 directly for support, as well as online login.
    Best Wishes,

With most resellers, you can contact L3 direct but you will not be directly notified of maint windows, etc. They will not call you if there is a problem.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com