Question Who's my registrar?

This is actually for a friend so it should be who's his registrar. He's having problems where he says that when he tried to update/change the nameservers he was told that he couldn't because his domain expired. Well doing a whois at NetSol states that his domain doesn't expire for another year!

So now I'm thinking that maybe his host is hiding whom his real registrar is. I had sneaky crap like that happen to me before I learned to always keep my registrar and host seperate. I had a host that charged year of hosting at once. When they stopped hosting I did a chargeback on my credit card, only to find out that my genericly named "domain" on my credit card was really for a registrar called "itsyourdomain.com", for whom my company was just a hidden registration affiliate. Well since itsyourdomain had no responsibility for my host stealing my money, they revoked my domain and I got screwed even worse, having to pay $60 penalty plus the original charge again, just to get my domain back.

Anyway, somebody helped me out last time by somehow finding out who REALLY is the registrar. I can't find it for my friend and think that he may be in a similar situation. Can somebody knowledgable please tell me if you can figure out the REAL resgistrar for DeltaXi.org. The only thing I can figure out is his host name.

Thanks

Thanks Out of curiosity, how did you find that info? All I got was what NetSol told me. Thanks again.

pir.org
    Domain Maven

Just because the domain is registered for another year doesn't mean your friend has any rights to it...it probably did expire. When a domain expires the registry adds another year to it, giving the customer a chance to re-register it. If they don't renew the domain, the registrars money will be refunded and the domain will drop.